Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

8 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

We have the Brz and we are close to cap hell.

What happened?

It aren't in great shape but we might not be as close as you think. I still see plenty wiggle room to sign a player for $10M per year if they wanted to. No such player is left on the market so they don't need to pull those levers. The team can gain plenty cap room by executing a few simple restructures if they really wanted to.

Of course, that puts the team closer to cap hell later. We have Brz so he is resisting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heavydan85 said:

I can understand that point of view.  It is more the "we should ruin a strength to maybe make a weakness slightly less of a weakness" opinions.  

If we hit on even one more oline recently we'd be going in with a need for 1 and most would say that is reasonable. So i get it.  We havent so going into this offseason i have thought the vikings would always take 2 oline by the 4th and maybe a 3rd late rounder.  Is it a perfect strategy? No but this is what the cap does.

To your point, they didn't hit on enough OL...... Which is what I meant. 

Sean Mannion I would have not much interest in.  Not sure what Bortles signed for but he would have been a much better backup but my guess is Solter is the backup or we draft one and do not sign one because we have no money.

If we did have money I would not mind AJ McCarron, Mike Glennon or Kevin Hogan but most likely we just draft a QB in the 6th - 7th rounds.  Heck Boykin is interesting but probably not in this system, would be surprised if Boykin is not signed back with Seattle.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

He’s ours! No respectable offensive lineman could turn down Manny’s.

That's actually funny because Zulgad & Collar were just saying today they only take the big name free agents out to Manny's and most of the rest go to a Jacob's or Jensen's or whatever right there in Egan.

5 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

That's actually funny because Zulgad & Collar were just saying today they only take the big name free agents out to Manny's and most of the rest go to a Jacob's or Jensen's or whatever right there in Egan.

Jensen's is in Eagan. Definitely no Manny's.