Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

15 hours ago, Titans_Matt said:

Just in case someone hasn't seen this yet, this is one of my favorite sports teams documentaries I've ever seen. Crazy how tough the 69 Vikings were: 

Yeah...that's the year I discovered that I cry purple tears.

Kubiak: “I think we also have to look at the fact that [Beebe] has probably had as good an offseason as any player that I know on our side of the ball. He’s got a chance to be a really good player for us. It gives us good flexibility to be able to bounce around personnel-wise.”

Beebe’s also gotten looks as a punt returner this spring, which may help him find his way to the field more often on a Vikings team that figures to use a lot of two tight end looks after drafting Irv Smith in the second round and holding onto Kyle Rudolph.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/21/gary-kubiak-chad-beebe-had-as-good-an-offseason-as-any-player/

12 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The Vikings announced that the autograph sessions held during training camp will only be open people 18 and younger. 

And the crying happening on Twitter by grown men is just the best!

I'm always embarrassed for the 50 year old guys with no children standing around waiting for an autograph.  Are they still living with their mom too?  

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Kubiak: “I think we also have to look at the fact that [Beebe] has probably had as good an offseason as any player that I know on our side of the ball. He’s got a chance to be a really good player for us. It gives us good flexibility to be able to bounce around personnel-wise.”

Beebe’s also gotten looks as a punt returner this spring, which may help him find his way to the field more often on a Vikings team that figures to use a lot of two tight end looks after drafting Irv Smith in the second round and holding onto Kyle Rudolph.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/21/gary-kubiak-chad-beebe-had-as-good-an-offseason-as-any-player/

We've had a lot of WRs that stand out in the off-season. The nice thing about Beebe is that he's already shown some ability in the regular season

12 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I will never understand the whole autograph thing. 

It's all about the money.  Personally, my time is more valuable than any money I'd ever get out of it.  I'm not going to waste my time standing around waiting.  

16 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It's all about the money.  Personally, my time is more valuable than any money I'd ever get out of it.  I'm not going to waste my time standing around waiting.  

Reading replies on Twitter, I can’t even say it’s about the money for many of them. At least not the ones commenting. Which is sad. 

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

I'm always embarrassed for the 50 year old guys with no children standing around waiting for an autograph.  Are they still living with their mom too?  

I'm 30 and by autograph collection was recently insured for $25,000 so I'm pretty big into that hobby.

That being said....Out of the hundreds of autographs I have, 3-4 have been in the result of standing in a line waiting for an autograph. 2 were at the local Gander Mountain (Griffen/Rudolph) and one was Zach Parise where I took the niece & nephew to meet him for a Christmas present. Gander was a free event, Parise was about $75 per autograph and everyone who paid was guaranteed one (so you're not fighting with other people to get one like free events)

I won't even stand in lines (#1. I hate lines....#2. I hate crowds) and usually mail the item to have a buddy or the autograph host get it done.

At that same Gander thing I touched on above, one prick who's known in the autograph community went through the line FIVE times while 30-40 people didn't get anything. I tried to get a couple kids who's dad I was talking to about fishing up there but they were checking tickets.

I can't stand those people so I refuse to go to those free signings like at local bars, training camp, etc. I'm more than happy paying for an autograph instead of "fighting" for an autograph with a bunch of kids who's day will be made compared to these people like the Gander guy running into the bathroom, taking a picture of the autograph, and putting it up for sale before the ink dried and heading back in line.

Caleb B.....if you're reading this. You're a jerk.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

One of my greatest training camp memories was in 03, back when fans just lined up along a fence and hoped players would walk by. These 2 jackasses were shouting at players to come sign their stuff (brand new official footballs lol). Randy Moss was walking past the fence and those guys were just getting louder. Behind them was a little girl with a pink nerf football sitting on her dad’s shoulders. Moss was clearly trying to ignore the two guys, but when he saw the little girl he got a big smile, walked over to the fence, literally reached over the two guys, signed the little girl’s football, and walked away. 

• Like 4

I got ignored by Warren Moon as a kid. Lost all interest in getting autographs. I'll get them as gifts but I could give away my Jared Allen or Adrian Peterson autographed stuff without even caring. My son doesn't like football and neither does my nephew. Old people harassing players is embarrassing. Autographs should be for kids 100% of the the time.

20 minutes ago, Klomp said:

I understand it, but what about parents who are trying to get an autograph for their kid and want to surprise the kid with it later?

Buy one.

Go to one of the many charity autograph sessions that players hold, where a modest donation will get you an autograph. 

If there are no kids looking to get an autograph, by all means, let the adults have at it. But if even one kid is waiting, they get top priority.

• Like 1

The only autographs I've ever gotten myself are authors...and probably no one you've ever heard of...my getting their autograph probably made them feel good more than me!!  I do have a photograph of Stephon Diggs purportedly signed by him.  I got it at a charity auction.  I wouldn't stand in line for an autograph or pay money.  Frankly, I would be happy just shaking a players or coaches hand!