Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

11 minutes ago, Klomp said:

A lot of fans will be happy about that. It never bothered me personally though.

Never bothered me either. While you are right that a lot of fans will be happy about this, others will be nostalgic for the uniforms they grew up liking. I don't care too much about the uniform, but to the extent I can bother myself to care I fall more into the category of being nostalgic for older uniforms, including the helmets. The tweaks to make the horns a bit more 3D looking were nice when they last updated the helmets, but I like the old color.

41 minutes ago, Klomp said:

A lot of fans will be happy about that. It never bothered me personally though.

I noticed it, but not enough to bother me. Not nearly as bad as the ones during the Moss/Culpepper era that looked blue on TV. 

And I wish we could forget about the 2006 redesign. Ugh!

47 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Never bothered me either. While you are right that a lot of fans will be happy about this, others will be nostalgic for the uniforms they grew up liking. I don't care too much about the uniform, but to the extent I can bother myself to care I fall more into the category of being nostalgic for older uniforms, including the helmets. The tweaks to make the horns a bit more 3D looking were nice when they last updated the helmets, but I like the old color.

You're right about fans feeling nostalgic for the uniforms we grew up liking.  As far as helmets...I liked the original Viking helmet with a deep, rich purple...and it was shiny.  I think I'm over the matte finish helmet.  It was cool for a couple of years.  Now, it just looks like it's a helmet waiting for a coat of varnish!!

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I've never been a matte finish fan.

I’m the opposite. I love the matte finish look. I think it’s a tougher, meaner look than the glossy shine. 

I am a big fan of the team’s current uniforms. The only thing keeping it from being perfect, in my eyes, is the “sail” look that they gave the first number of the double digit numbers.

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m the opposite. I love the matte finish look. I think it’s a tougher, meaner look than the glossy shine. 

I am a big fan of the team’s current uniforms. The only thing keeping it from being perfect, in my eyes, is the “sail” look that they gave the first number of the double digit numbers.

Yeah, I don't like that sail look either.  AS far as the helmets go...I'm not sure you can make purple look any tougher!!!  As an aside, aren't the Vikings the only team with the matte finish helmet in the league?

51 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I feel like the color rush uniforms used matte helmets sometimes, but I think the Vikings are the only one with matte finish for the regular uniform.

That's what I thought too.