Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

Normally I agree with that philosophy, especially in the preseason, but when you are in the middle of the season and just need a depth player that can do his job for a few weeks, I'd rather have a veteran that knows the system and the team.

That said I probably would have looked at Aldrick Robinson.. he had some good plays when he was here

Aldrick Robinson couldn't even make the Panthers squad.

9 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Bill Belichick would disagree with you.  He has a clear pattern.  

?

Having a pattern isn't a problem, having a pattern of aiming for floor over ceiling, imo, is. I see the Pats go for it on 4th a lot, and also throw more than a three yard pass on third an long. I'm not sure what you are arguing....

Heck, they signed Brown, aiming for ceiling.....

Edited by PrplChilPill
  • Like 1

I'd like us to get Garçon as well.. Treadwell knows the offense and acts as a bridge while a more competent receiver (Garçon) learns the playbook. Treadwell acts as a solid blocking WR if needed, and emergency backup. Go ahead and IR Beebe, and if either him or Doctson look healthy enough to return from IR later on, then bring them back and drop Treadwell.

I also would be open to bringing Sherels back at this point. He isn't the returner he was in the past, but he isn't a liability. He's also a solid coverage guy, and I would assume he's at least as good as Nate Meadors (who would be dropped to make room for Sherels) if we needed him to play a bit of defense.

Edited by NorthCountryEvo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

?

Having a pattern isn't a problem, having a pattern of aiming for floor over ceiling, imo, is. I see the Pats go for it on 4th a lot, and also throw more than a three yard pass on third an long. I'm not sure what you are arguing....

Heck, they signed Brown, aiming for ceiling.....

Over the last 2 years, the Vikings and Patriots have gone for it on 4th down the same amount of times...28.

And certainly, you could argue that the Patriots "aim for the ceiling" by signing guys like Brown...but they've probably failed more often than they hit on it...for every Corey Dillon, there's a Ochocinco, Brown, Adalius Thomas, and Reggie Wayne (yes, he signed with the Patriots and couldn't even make it out of training camp).

Edited by swede700

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Makes sense, as he knows the offense. 

And is basically free since we are already still paying him.... 

6 minutes ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

I'd like us to get Garçon as well.. Treadwell knows the offense and acts as a bridge while a more competent receiver (Garçon) learns the playbook. Treadwell acts as a solid blocking WR if needed, and emergency backup. Go ahead and IR Beebe, and if either him or Doctson look healthy enough to return from IR later on, then bring them back and drop Treadwell.

I also would be open to bringing Sherels back at this point. He isn't the returner he was in the past, but he isn't a liability. He's also a solid coverage guy, and I would assume he's at least as good as Nate Meadors (who would be dropped to make room for Sherels) if we needed him to play a bit of defense.

I’m guessing Garçon isn’t healthy enough to be an NFL receiver or he would be on a roster.

also Sherels was put on the Saints IR, and paid to cut him. I assume he isn’t healthy enough to be on a roster.

8 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I’m guessing Garçon isn’t healthy enough to be an NFL receiver or he would be on a roster.

also Sherels was put on the Saints IR, and paid to cut him. I assume he isn’t healthy enough to be on a roster.

See, I wasn't tracking any of this... that's what y'all are here for, haha

EDIT: Well, based on what JDBrocks just posted, i'll re-enter my bid to bring Sherels back.

Edited by NorthCountryEvo
  • Like 1

I expected a move at WR, but not bringing back Treadwell. I think Mitchell or one of the other PS guys would have brought more upside. Although it doesn’t really upset me, I think Treadwell is fine at WR4. And the good thing is we will likely see more Bisi Johnson at WR3, he’s gonna have a chance to steal that job. 

This is why In the offseason I was beating the table for a WR3 either in FA or the draft.