Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

15 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I got a .116 when I got a minor at age 20 up in St. Cloud.

Not too hard to accomplish.

So it's .1? That's what I thought at first but no one else seemed to think so.

.1 wouldn't concern me that much. Didn't that use to be the legal limit

3 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

So it's .1? That's what I thought at first but no one else seemed to think so.

.1 wouldn't concern me that much. Didn't that use to be the legal limit

Yes, 0.08 in most places now.  I've heard from more than one Highway patrol officers before it will likely drop to 0.06 in the next few years.

6 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

Yes, 0.08 in most places now.  I've heard from more than one Highway patrol officers before it will likely drop to 0.06 in the next few years.

There is different stages of DUI right? I would hope so at least. I really don't know much about this stuff

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

There is different stages of DUI right? I would hope so at least. I really don't know much about this stuff

There's 4 degrees. Mostly separated by add on factors like previous DWI's or failing to take a test, etc. 

First Degree DUI is a felony level charge and the most serious degree; Fourth Degree (which used to be called Misdemeanor Driving While Impaired) is the lowest degree of DUI charge. First Degree DUI is what an individual is charged with when the individual drove while impaired AND the individual has EITHER three or more “qualified prior driving incidents” in the last ten years, OR the individual has a prior conviction of felony DUI.

Second Degree DUI is a Gross Misdemeanor offense, and is defined as driving while impaired when two or more aggravating factors are present. If the offense is a refusal to take a chemical test (refusing the Implied Consent), then only one aggravating factor is required to charge a Second Degree DUI. Third Degree DUI is also a Gross Misdemeanor but requires only one aggravating factor (or no additional aggravating factor if the offense is a refusal to test).

Fourth Degree DI refers to the basic offense, driving while impaired, with no aggravating factors or qualified prior driving incidents.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

I hope he goes to jail. Drunk driving, driving around a barricade? I could not care less about the impact on the Vikings.

I agree that the fact he is a Viking player should have no bearing on the consequence. If guilty, I do not believe his consequence should be any lighter or harsher than what would happen to any of us. Putting him in jail does seem a bit harsh compared to the allegation.

• Like 1