Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

18 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

That doesn't say anything about the level of impairment

IIRC, a DWI at .08 is treated the same as a DWI at .130 and so on.

I don't recall there being "levels" of DWI based on BAC. Like .08 is 4th degree, .10 is 3rd degree, .15 is 3rd degree, etc. I think it's all the same.

The degrees are based things like prior DWI's, not taking a road side test, etc.

Just what I remember from Criminal Justice class. I could be wrong.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

2 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

IIRC, a DWI at .08 is treated the same as a DWI at .130 and so on.

I don't recall there being "levels" of DWI based on BAC. Like .08 is 4th degree, .10 is 3rd degree, .15 is 3rd degree, etc. I think it's all the same.

The degrees are based things like prior DWI's, not taking a road side test, etc.

Just what I remember from Criminal Justice class. I could be wrong.

That doesn't make much sense to me. Being slightly over the limit shouldn't be treated the same as being sloppy drunk imo

There are people who can get to .08 and not even feel it...I'm likely not one of those people, because I only had a short time in my mid-20s where I did a lot of binge drinking...I'm now at the point where I can have a 12-pack last me 6 months.  I just don't drink all that often.

Either way, the loaded weapon without a permit is going to get him in bigger trouble than even the DUI.  It's unfortunate that it occurred, especially when this is his contract year.  It shouldn't impact him on the field all that much, but it's still going to impact his pocketbook.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Clemson players....amirightorwhat!

You are correct...which is really saying something in a conference with the University of Miami and Florida State as members.

23 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

That doesn't make much sense to me. Being slightly over the limit shouldn't be treated the same as being sloppy drunk imo

Actually I believe the fines increase as you get to be twice over the limit, but yes degrees depend on if they have a minor with them, and also a Dwi history. 

the gun thing is also a issue,  but it is believable that he didn’t know the gun laws, I believe in Florida you don’t have to report you own a gun. Florida has far different gun laws. There is a chance this is dropped.

30 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

the gun thing is also a issue,  but it is believable that he didn’t know the gun laws, I believe in Florida you don’t have to report you own a gun. Florida has far different gun laws. There is a chance this is dropped.

Believable? Perhaps, but ignorance of the law is not a defense. Furthermore, he's been in Minnesota long enough that he should have familiarized himself with MN gun laws. 

• Like 1