Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

36 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

the gun thing is also a issue,  but it is believable that he didn’t know the gun laws, I believe in Florida you don’t have to report you own a gun. 

BZZZZT!

sorry, not a viable defense. "Gee, Your Honor, you mean I broke a law? Gosh, I had no idea."

do you realize how many people would start using that line?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

BZZZZT!

sorry, not a viable defense. "Gee, Your Honor, you mean I broke a law? Gosh, I had no idea."

do you realize how many people would start using that line?

You’d be surprised at how many people already use that line. It doesn’t work.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Tinglehoff is up at the top.

Could that be this Ken Petersen guy, who I can't find a picture of?  It's not Alderman, it's not Huth, and it's not Rabold, so by default it might be that Petersen guy.  And as far as the guy to the right of Tarkenton, I think these are all offensive guys, so it can't be Marshall...maybe Mel Triplett, it's hard to tell under the helmet, but I can kind of see it in his picture online.

NFC PLAYERS OF THE MONTH

Offensive Player: QB Kirk Cousins, Minnesota Vikings

There is no player that has been hotter over the last four weeks than Cousins, and frankly, no other player has come close to his overall grade of 95.2 over that stretch.

Defensive Player: LB Eric Kendricks, Minnesota Vikings

The NFC awards remain in Minnesota, as Cousins’ teammate Eric Kendricks was the highest-graded defensive player in the conference.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-players-of-the-month-october

• Like 4

On 8/13/2019 at 10:59 AM, Cearbhall said:

I don't know how likely it is the Vikings get all 4 compensatory picks they are currently eligible for. We saw last year how a team can keep a player into the season and then cut him before he counts as a qualifying gain/loss in the compensatory formula.

Well, that is that. Sendejo was cut and with that the compensatory pick goes up in smoke. I can't say I am surprised the Eagles made the move.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/05/eagles-waive-veteran-safety-andrew-sendejo/

The Vikings could cut Stephen to get a 6th round pick for the Nick Easton loss. I would rather have the DT right now.

Edited by Cearbhall

5 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

While I won’t miss Wobby, specifically, I’d be lying if I didn’t acknowledge that Wobby was responsible for a lot of solid content for Vikings.com

His mailbags were the worst.   He always gave really bland, noncommittal answers.

Fan:  Wobby, who do you think wins the WR4 spot?

Wobby:  They will all get snaps, and reps in practice.  Whoever plays the best and the coaches trust will probably get the roster spot. 

HOT TAKE!!!

24 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

His mailbags were the worst.   He always gave really bland, noncommittal answers.

Fan:  Wobby, who do you think wins the WR4 spot?

Wobby:  They will all get snaps, and reps in practice.  Whoever plays the best and the coaches trust will probably get the roster spot. 

HOT TAKE!!!

I know WHY they do it but that's why I always hated content from the Vikings like that. You learn nothing from the mailbags or the player/coach interviews, etc. It's just a bunch of, like you said, vague answers and coach/player speak to generic questions.