Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

Parker Brothers originally developed Nerf, beginning with a 4 in (100 mm) polyurethane foam ball. In 1969, Reyn Guyer, a Minnesota-based games inventor, came to the company with a football game that was safe for indoor play, and after studying it carefully, Parker Brothers decided to eliminate everything but the foam ball. In 1970, the Nerf ball was introduced as the "world's first official indoor ball", the name "Nerf" being a slang term for the foam padding used in off-road racing. Marketing slogans promised that one can "Throw it indoors; you can't damage lamps or break windows. You can't hurt babies or old people." Some of the first TV commercials for the balls were joint promotions with General Foods' Kool-Aid drink mix, with Micky Dolenz, Davy Jones and Michael Nesmith of the Monkees playing with the balls on a living room soundstage (Kool-Aid sponsored the 1969-70 Saturday morning reruns of the Monkees' 1966-67 TV series). The ball filled a strong consumer need and by the year's end, more than four million Nerf balls had been sold. The four-inch (102 mm) ball was followed by a large version called the "Super Nerf Ball". Shortly after, in 1972, a basketball game called "Nerfoop" and the Nerf football joined the family, with the latter quickly becoming Nerf's most popular ball.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerf

On 11/22/2019 at 7:12 PM, KOTN-93 said:

Where's Brooks Bollinger at these days?

I just heard him on the Power Trip on my way to work this morning (I don't usually listen to it, but I had no other podcasts to listen to).  xD

Edited by swede700

12 hours ago, solidvikingfan said:

No return for Beebe till next year.

Unfortunate for him, but at least he should be fully healthy by then.  Those ankle injuries suck.  I injured mine running one time (probably 5 years or so ago), and it's never been truly right since (never had surgery either).  

Edited by swede700

39 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Unfortunate for him, but at least he should be fully healthy by then.  Those ankle injuries suck.  I injured mine running one time (probably 5 years or so ago), and it's never been truly right since (never had surgery either).  

I don’t honestly think he has much of a future. He’s not a very good return man and his size limits him so much. Johnson has that third WR spot nailed down but I’d hope that the Vikes could draft a mid round WR who has already demonstrated return ability in college. Treadwell hasn’t even been that bad as the 4th WR so I’m not even opposed to bringing him back if cheap.

35 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

A little surprised, but this must mean that Zimmer/Spielman are happy with the way Treadwell has returned to the team. 

I don’t recall any major mishaps from Treadwell but he’s in a very limited role. I was hoping that MN would have gotten more from Treadwell or Doctson in the absence of Thielen but that never happened. No need for both at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Johnny Stanton...He's the new QBOTF! (was a QB at Nebraska)

September 2nd, 2020.

Fans: WHY DID THEY CUT STANTON!?!?! He's at least better than Mannion! Maybe even Tom Brady! UGH! SPIELMAN CUTS ANOTHER QBOTF! SLOTER LAST YEAR...NOW THIS?!?!?!

Meanwhile, Kyle Sloter is tearing it up for the Cardinals...…..practice squad.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228
  • Like 1