Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Griffen was good tackling but his ball skills were pretty bad.  Granted I did like him coming out of Texas but as a pro he disappointed overall, but at least he was better than Chris Cook, he was not good at all.  Husain Abdullah at times was decent at safety but overall never really materialized.  Asher Allen had moments as a nickel corner but very quite became an elite player.

That was pretty sweet having McKinnie and Loadholt, those two were fun to watch and Loadholt if he did not get injured he could have became a very good pro.  He had a good run but it seemed short run.

I never once got that impression about Asher Allen.

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

After watching the game last night, one thing is absolutely certain. They need to go back to those jerseys. 

I like our current jerseys but always wish they had that team-colored purple. 

Also, I wish Zim and Rick saw that replay and realize this team needs a pass-rushing DT. KWill ability to get to collapse the pocket so Rodgers couldn't set up made life so much easier for our DEs. Allen was a beast! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I never once got that impression about Asher Allen.

Asher Allen had the potential for competence.  That was it.  He never had the potential for elite play.  Ozzy must be confusing him with Cedric Griffin, who had the potential, but never moved beyond competence also due to health.  I know it was the concussions that eventually got him, but I still don't recall seeing any significant potential in Allen.

• Like 1

Loadholt and McKinnie...well, they were both really, really big.  Loadholt had the slowest feet I think I've ever seen on the football field.  And McKinnie...I didn't have kind words about him when he played (he should've gone to prison) and he hasn't grown on me since he left.  He had the talent to be the best tackle in the game.  Instead, he was a mediocre tackle...probably not much better than Reiff.  His attitude just really ticked me off.  But, yes, they were big!!