Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

15 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Sorry if I missed this in another thread, but the Vikings have gone to Reiff to restructure him, or he'll be CUT

I’m actually ok with this move. There will be bumps in the road, but the 1st 3-4 games of this season are basically going to be preseason. Teams trying things out, moving things around, etc. 

I like the idea of an o-line with O’Neill at LT, Udoh at RT, Cleveland (eventually) at LG, and Bradbury at C. 

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m actually ok with this move. There will be bumps in the road, but the 1st 3-4 games of this season are basically going to be preseason. Teams trying things out, moving things around, etc. 

I like the idea of an o-line with O’Neill at LT, Udoh at RT, Cleveland (eventually) at LG, and Bradbury at C. 

I would think if Reiff is cut, then Hill will be your starting LT.  

Just now, swede700 said:

Most likely, but I would love to get Udoh on the field with what we've seen from him and his combination of size/athleticism

12 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Hill has a valuable role as a swing tackle. That’s where the team should leave him.

If this team’s long term plan is to move O’Neill to LT, then they might as well do it now. No sense in waiting if Reiff isn’t on the team. And Udoh, who looked good during the last game of the year against Mack, and who’s reportedly had a strong camp at RT, has never played LT. Why would you make him your backup swing tackle? 

37 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Today's practice will give us good insight into their thoughts.  They did give O'Neill and Udoh time at left and right tackle with the 1s at the last practice.  They're at least thinking about that.

I think it's rather dangerous 2 weeks before the first game to swapping sides with your RT.  And @SemperFeist, I don't care how valuable Hill is as a swing tackle, I need the best starting 5 out there if Reiff is gone, and he's the best guy out there that's played LT.  You potentially have Cleveland to play LT and Udoh to play RT if needed.  You don't need a swing tackle if you have guys that can play the sides they've generally been playing.  

Cleveland hasn’t taken snaps at LT yet this camp. Fair to say, that they see him as a guard. 

And they’ve only been practicing for two weeks. Let’s not act like the current line is a cohesively gelled unit. This team is shoving OTAs, mini camps, and training camp into 3 weeks worth of practices. 

Edited by SemperFeist

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Cleveland hasn’t taken snaps at LT yet this camp. Fair to say, that they see him as a guard. 

And they’ve only been practicing for two weeks. Let’s not act like the current line is a cohesively gelled unit. 

Good point.

The people that were trying to justify the Vikings (in)actions to fill the guard positions this offseason by suggesting Reiff could fill in at one guard spot with Samia starting at the other spot have had to slowly come to terms with reality.

8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

And they’ve only been practicing for two weeks. Let’s not act like the current line is a cohesively gelled unit. 

No, it's not a cohesively gelled unit, but even so, you're asking a guy who's started for 2 years on the right side (and only played LT for 1 year at Pitt) to all of a sudden change his footwork in 2 weeks.