Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

10 hours ago, RpMc said:

He also said Deion Jones to the Browns which is an impossible move due to the salary cap. 

I’ll believe an Adam Thielen trade possibility when Adam Thielen is traded. Sick of people pretending to be insiders by throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks. 

“Oh! The Vikings old offensive coordinator is in Cleveland! They’re probably going to trade for Adam Thielen!”

I think Theilen should be on the practically untouchable/ requiring serious overpay tier of players we should be considering moving.  I've read suggestions that we should trade Kendricks too which is absurd.   Reiff, Rudolph, Stephen, and possibly Harris are the prime candidates if you ask me.  Harrison Smith maybe but it would take a lot.

5 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

I think Theilen should be on the practically untouchable/ requiring serious overpay tier of players we should be considering moving.  I've read suggestions that we should trade Kendricks too which is absurd.   Reiff, Rudolph, Stephen, and possibly Harris are the prime candidates if you ask me.  Harrison Smith maybe but it would take a lot.

Add Elflein to the list. I know it is hard to believe anyone would want him, but there are a lot of bad offensive lines around the league so maybe the rumors weren't too crazy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NoDakViking said:

I think you have to consider trading anyone for whom the team can gain value for...including Adam Theilen, Harrison Smith, Kendricks, etc...  Look, this whole notion that a team can "retool" here and there in the modern NFL is simply a fallacy.  It would be like trying to fix the wing while the plane is flying.  The Vikings are in a rebuild period. They need to embrace that they are rebuilding and get on with it.

19 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Did the Vikings trade RR to the Eagles? I thought i got an ESPN update saying we did but cant find anything on it.

No trade, it was a hypothetical proposed by ESPN talking heads that got pushed out in a poorly worded update alert.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I think you have to consider trading anyone for whom the team can gain value for...including Adam Theilen, Harrison Smith, Kendricks, etc...  Look, this whole notion that a team can "retool" here and there in the modern NFL is simply a fallacy.  It would be like trying to fix the wing while the plane is flying.  The Vikings are in a rebuild period. They need to embrace that they are rebuilding and get on with it.

You can't trade all of them though. You need keep some of high performers - a total talent vacuum would be a really bad thing.

14 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

This could just be him being exposed to someone right?

Other teams have been shutting down facilities when a player tests positive. I haven't seen reports of the Vikings shutting down facilities yet. Based on that I am thinking that his initial placement on the list is related to him having a known exposure.