Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

22 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

let's go to Reality School of the 2000 Championship, maybe you can learn the facts here...

in 2000, the Championship was extreeeeeeemly close, less than a one point win, if that's even possible, in the Florida game. so challenges to that game's outcome could have realistically changed the entire outcome of the entire Championship. so they HAD to be reviewed, and they were.

in 2016, the Championship result was very different, one team prevailed and won in something between a blowout and a very convincing win. so the challenges to petty individual plays, even if they are successful which so far they have not been, (over 30 of them have been thrown out by various reviewing Commissioners), will not result in enough points being reduced to change the winning and losing teams. this is fact, not opinion. it's about points, that's how you win games.

the team with more points wins. at some point the Losers (and you know how rarely i capitalize here...) have to at least pretend to care about good sportsmanship and the rules of how games are played and have always been played, and just let the rest of the sports world move on. many, many fans of the losing team have said this too.

it's the way of American football. there's always a loser unfortunately, and one has been declared. multiple times now.

Fair points made. We almost saw a complete reversal of score in the 2016 and 2020 scores. Both Losers (and really, it should probably be LOSERS with how much crying happened after those games) did not take these losses easily.

As for me, call me an outsider, 3rd man, the guy who sees those teams for what they really are and actively root against both, I can't help but sit back in laugh at how these games turned out. The best part is one team thinks I'm rooting for the other team and vice versa, but I promise you, I'm Free from all that hoopla. In fact, the team I actually support is all very Free from the hoopla.

(Okay I'm done with this)

To put it clearly, an owner of one of the teams thought he deserved to play with the big boys of the NFL and, just like in 1985 thought he could sue and sue to get his way.  In the end, he just needs to take the $1 in damages he's won, let the big boy owners take over and then go take his team to the XFL where it belongs.     

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Did he test positive? 

He tested positive.  Then, after considering how accurate those tests are, they tested him again the same day and that one came up negative.  I've brought up the point before on this site that these tests are notoriously unreliable and I was derided as a crackpot. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/24/report-adam-thielen-tests-positive-then-negative-for-covid-19/

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

He tested positive.  Then, after considering how accurate those tests are, they tested him again the same day and that one came up negative.  I've brought up the point before on this site that these tests are notoriously unreliable and I was derided as a crackpot. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/24/report-adam-thielen-tests-positive-then-negative-for-covid-19/

Yeah. I think the opposite happened to the rookie RB from Green Bay when they played us.

Given how seemingly narrow the views are on this subject, I'll keep my opinion to myself.😁

8 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

As I work in the senior living industry, employees in our healthcare center are tested by the quick 15 minutes results test twice a week.  If a test shows positive results, that employee is sent to urgent care or the health department for the more extensive laboratory test for verification.  The employee must quarantine until the 2nd test results are in.  If they are positive they continue in quarantine.  If it is negative, it is deemed definitive and they can return to work.  So far, all the positive tests that have been returned, have also been verified by the laboratory test.  We've been doing this for months and so far 100% accuracy.  This is only our experience, and not to be an endorsement of all point of contact testing.

9 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

There will always be false positives and false negatives. Anyone that derides you as a crack pot is delusional and not someone you should take seriously. Even the companies that makes the tests acknowledge false results. Beyond false results from the tests, there are false results caused by human error.

Over time, you should expect to see the tests improved. Even then there will be false results. That is reality. I am sorry you were subjected to the mob mentality.

I hope that I wasn't the fellow that derided you as a crackpot. I think you are a swell fellow.

Real swell!

• Like 1