Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

38 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

Anyone else disappointed that Hill got snaps over Udoh in the finale?  I thought he had some real developmental potential but perhaps the coaches think otherwise 

Not disappointed in the slightest. Hill is the next man up at tackle. He deserved to start with Reiff out. 

8 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

If he can do high interval training at 349 lbs, that’s impressive. 

It’s also why he’s an elite athlete. 

But CrossFit is more that just HIIT. It really focuses on mobility, explosive movements and plenty of power lifting. That’s great for a d-lineman. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Was more thinking along the lines of hearing that he is staying in shape. He reported to camp in Baltimore one year at 390...

That’s my concern is he was about to show up out of shape again and had the convenience of being able to opt out while still getting some form of payment from the league. Hopefully not the case but it sure wouldn’t surprise me given his history. 

15 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

That’s my concern is he was about to show up out of shape again and had the convenience of being able to opt out while still getting some form of payment from the league. Hopefully not the case but it sure wouldn’t surprise me given his history. 

He's talked the talk, let's see if he walks the walk.

From August 2020: https://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/30128/learning-piano-reading-and-re-tooling-my-body-inside-opt-out-season-of-vikings-michael-pierce

""I had an issue last year that I just told myself that I would never repeat," Pierce said. "Once I hired a chef and got everything zeroed in from last year I haven't had any problems. It's fairly simple once you understand how your body works."

3 hours ago, RpMc said:

Hiring a chef, taking up crossfit, and being at his playing weight through a season in which he didn't play would be considered walking the walk in my book.

Agreed. I think he has re-invented himself and hopefully he keeps "walking the walk"!

I know some here were not counting on him to come back in shape. Based on the latest information we have it appears he has stayed in shape during his opt out.