Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

On 1/5/2021 at 9:32 AM, swede700 said:

I think we learned through the Samia experiment to trust the coaching staff when they determine whether an offensive linemen is ready or not.

That's very fair.  I just thought he looked pretty good in week 17 last year so figured he would step up and be the top backup OT this year.

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

https://dknation.draftkings.com/nfl/2020/12/28/22203531/nfl-schedule-2021-17th-game-format-formula-inter-conference-who-does-my-team-play

A look at who is playing who for the 17th inter-conference games. 

We did officially get the Chargers.

Which is what I expected, although I was kinda hoping for it to be Denver, so then there would have been the possibility to make the drive west if it were at Mile High.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, RpMc said:

If Gary stays as an advisor, that all but guarantees that either his son or Dennison would take over the OC job.

I could still see it being Anthony Lynn. 

But I do agree that if he remains an advisor, the most likely candidate is Klint. 

If Zimmer gives the job to Dennison, I’ll be in the full fledged fire Zimmer group. 

Edited by SemperFeist
11 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

You mean "NFL Coach of the Year, Kevin Stefanski?"  🤬🤬🤬

I hope he gets that title, considering how his team performed as a first-year coach with such a non-traditional offseason.  He should already be enshrined in the Browns HOF.  🤣

5 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Since the Steelers didn't finish the season undefeated is there really any other choice for COTY aside from Stefanski? He'd get my vote if I had one.

McDermott in Buffalo, Reid in KC, LaFleur in GB would also be viable candidates. Sean Payton getting consideration for navigating games without Brees would make sense too. 

17 minutes ago, RpMc said:

McDermott in Buffalo, Reid in KC, LaFleur in GB would also be viable candidates. Sean Payton getting consideration for navigating games without Brees would make sense too. 

Of those, while they might be viable, only McDermott would get serious consideration...and he might get demerits for the fact that they were a good team last year and only got significantly better record-wise because of the downfall of Belichick and it's still not a great division despite the improvement of the Dolphins.

1 hour ago, RpMc said:

It's hard to say what the best spot would be for Paton if he decided to go.  I'm pretty sure though it wouldn't be Denver.  I think if he leaves, he should have full control over who to hire as HC as well...and it seems like some of these teams that have openings seem to want to hire their own head coach as well and not let the GM do it.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1