Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

9 minutes ago, dc_vikingfan said:

Extremely low chance Smith would get traded. Vikings will most surely let Harris walk this year. Zim wouldn't want to start 2 new Safeties with young CB's. Also, Smith contract doesn't have any guarantee money left. Smith is a prime candidate for a contract extension with a lower base salary in 2021 to provide cap space.  

Plus he’s more valuable to the team than Barr, Rudolph and Reiff, if they really need the cap space I think they look at those three, In addition to an extension for Smith. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Oh nice to see the Vikings doing anything while the Lions and Bears retool their coaching staffs and we all watch the Packers playing for another NFC Title.

I assume the OC is going to be Rich Dennison.  He has been one before and then Phil Rauscher will be the OL coach.  Nothing standout but would be surprised to have them can the entire Kubiak system entirely just because the guy retired.  But maybe they should with how bad that OL has played in that system.  

Eric Bieniemy is the OC of the Vikings and the promised HC in waiting.  Curious if he would take that gig even if he had to wait 2-3 years before taking over as HC.  Doubt that happens, and even though I think most of the Chiefs success is Andy Reid, Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill....not Eric Bieniemy as the OC, when honestly I doubt he even calls key plays for them...  Still he should get a HC gig compared to some of these other no names getting hired as white males.  

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I assume the OC is going to be Rich Dennison.  He has been one before and then Phil Rauscher will be the OL coach.  Nothing standout but would be surprised to have them can the entire Kubiak system entirely just because the guy retired.  But maybe they should with how bad that OL has played in that system.  

Eric Bieniemy is the OC of the Vikings and the promised HC in waiting.  Curious if he would take that gig even if he had to wait 2-3 years before taking over as HC.  Doubt that happens, and even though I think most of the Chiefs success is Andy Reid, Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill....not Eric Bieniemy as the OC, when honestly I doubt he even calls key plays for them...  Still he should get a HC gig compared to some of these other no names getting hired as white males.  

Zimmer is going to put up 12 wins this year and make the playoffs since it's an odd season 2021. Bieniemy would be a nice coach to have....again!

Edited by TENINCH
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Zimmer is going to put up 12 wins this year and make the playoffs since it's an odd season 2021. Bieniemy would be a nice coach to have....again!

That is right, I forgot about him being on staff for that long awhile back.  Curious where the Vikings would be if Leslie Frazier was still around or more importantly, if they hired Mike Tomlin after that 2006 season after being a DB coach in Tampa Bay, DC for Minnesota one year.  Head Coach for the Steelers the year after that season with the Vikings until present day.

My guess is the Texans hire Bieniemy to make Watson happy but he does deserve a shot at least.  

• Like 1

Hoping whoever is the new OC (I think it's Klint) I hope they aren't afraid to be aggressive. Especially since Zim defenses have become very conservative and stale. I know last year the young CB's were a liability and had to play more coverage. However, over the years  he has tone it done and teams that succeed usually has one unit that's aggressive.  

10 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Kirk Cousins could be the NFC North’s most tenured QB next season. Weird. 

What's even weirder (and not Vikings-related) is that Ron Rivera is already the most tenured head coach in the NFC East...hired 6 days before Mike McCarthy and 7 days before Joe Judge last year.  

Edited by swede700

14 hours ago, RpMc said:

“Zimmer can’t hold on to coaches”

It's a common refrain...but this will actually be the first defensive departure that doesn't appear to have been Zimmer's choice...and the last 2 were with him for 6 years before they left.  Even if he was only here for a year, Daronte did a great job with the rookie DBs.