Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

Not sure how it works in the NFL, but when I was in charge of a lady that was married to my bosses boss I hated it enough to go find another job. I had some problems with the lady since she wasn't good at her job, but it was hard complaining to my boss about her since his boss was in bed with her every night. I complained to my boss one time and he basically told me that he wasn't going to do anything about it. It got old real quick trying to deal with her.

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

I still view Zimmer as the defensive coordinator 

He is basically, except that he doesn't actually do the dirty work of creating the actual gameplan.  But, he doesn't have to, considering they know what he wants.

Edited by swede700

1 hour ago, Cearbhall said:

Not sure how it works in the NFL, but when I was in charge of a lady that was married to my bosses boss I hated it enough to go find another job. I had some problems with the lady since she wasn't good at her job, but it was hard complaining to my boss about her since his boss was in bed with her every night. I complained to my boss one time and he basically told me that he wasn't going to do anything about it. It got old real quick trying to deal with her.

Somehow I think it'll be different with Zimmer's kid 

1 hour ago, RpMc said:

He calls the plays, but that’s a very small percentage of the job for a coordinator. 

He still has the final say.  As long as the other 2s roles don't overlap and they work good together during the week I don't see much of a problem. 

Don't most teams have a run game coordinator or pass game coordinator in addition to the offensive coordinator?

40 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

He still has the final say.  As long as the other 2s roles don't overlap and they work good together during the week I don't see much of a problem. 

Don't most teams have a run game coordinator or pass game coordinator in addition to the offensive coordinator?

Absolutely...and Dennison is the guy who even does the running game plan here. While Stefanski and Kubiak probably had big influence on it, it was Rico that did that part, while they were concentrating on the overall plan and the passing game.

2 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

I get where you are coming from, but it’s a little different on defense based on my experience. The run and pass game are married within the scheme but can be gameplanned separately during the week.

With your defensive scheme, your coverage, fronts, and fits have to be in sync a little more. It’s hard for me to envision there not being too many cooks in the kitchen with Co-DCs and a defensive head coach. 

Im likely being too pessimistic and they likely do have things working in some kind of system, but, to me, there’s no point of Co-DCs in our situation.