Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

17 hours ago, RpMc said:

His last regular season action came in two games for the Titans in 2019. He didn’t try any field goals and made all nine extra points he tried. He was 17-of-20 on field goals and 25-of-29 on extra points in 14 games with the Browns in 2018.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/09/vikings-are-signing-greg-joseph/

Joseph entering the fold raises the suspicion that the Vikings will cut ties with Dan Bailey by March 19, when $1.8 million of his $2.7 million salary for 2020 guarantees.

“It would be a surprise if the Vikings hang on to Bailey after [March 19] unless he agrees to amend his contract,” Pioneer Press beat reporter Chris Tomasson said.

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/dan-bailey-greg-joseph-buccaneers-signed/?fbclid=IwAR33PrZSHIja8TTpb7wVDrNbLMLlUULf7Q_6dKX1x_PN4e-ynJm7aoGnoik

1 hour ago, RpMc said:

Not much difference between a McLaughlin or Joseph, so no big deal there.  In their short careers, McLaughlin is better on XP's and Joseph FG's

It really doesn't matter. Whoever the Vikings kicker is, they'll get the yips at the absolute worst time. Might as well get a cheap yipper. 

33 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Only thing missing now is Jay Gruden as a senior offensive assistant and we will be able to be as successful as the Cincinnati Bengals were under Marvin Lewis!

Too funny!  I get what you are saying, but I wouldn't compare Zygi to Brown. Cincinnati has a known problem at the top. I still cling to hope for Wilf; he is the best owner the Vikings have had since I have paid attention to the team.