Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

He’s a good HC, not great. And I believe that this is his last year in Minnesota. Barring a deep playoff run. 

@RaidersAreOneSimilar to what Semper said, although I think a little more highly of him than he does...but, I do agree that he's on the hot seat somewhat.  He has to at least make the playoffs to get a reprieve, but if he fails to make the playoffs, he's for sure done.  If he makes the playoffs and loses first time out, then it's borderline.  Anything above that, then it's more likely he stays.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Freakout said:

I would like it more if they just named Gunther the defensive coordinator.  Let Patterson and Adam focus on their position groups.  Let Gunther be the new George Edwards.

This could very easily be that. Just different titles. 

Stripping Patterson and Adam Zimmer of their co-defensive coordinator titles is a slap in the face, and likely hurts their resumé moving forward. Why do that to coaches that you’re employing, and respect? 

As long as Mike Zimmer is the head coach, this teams defensive coordinator is basically just a title, as Zimmer is the one primarily responsible for the defensive game plan, and he’s the one who calls plays on game day.

Paul Guenther coming in as a senior defensive assistant could easily come in and help in a similar role as Edwards, while Patterson and Adam Zimmer spend a little more time with their position groups.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I mentioned earlier that the Wilfs have a history of doing this. Also, it’s probably a good indication that they plan on having Reiff on the team in 2021. 

I wouldn't mind Reiff for another year, if he stays healthy and is as productive as he was in 2020.  I still think I would invest an early draft choice in his eventual replacement, or in a guard if Cleveland is the LT heir apparent.

20 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I mentioned earlier that the Wilfs have a history of doing this. Also, it’s probably a good indication that they plan on having Reiff on the team in 2021. 

Just now, Virginia Viking said:

I wouldn't mind Reiff for another year, if he stays healthy and is as productive as he was in 2020.  I still think I would invest an early draft choice in his eventual replacement, or in a guard if Cleveland is the LT heir apparent.

@SemperFeist was the first to mention a Reiff extension on here I believe. I'm in favor of an extension as he played very well last year. We wouldn't have another hole on the OL to fix if Reiff was cut either.

36 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

He was great last year especially for what he was being paid. Nice gesture by the Wilfs!