Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

On 2/17/2021 at 12:54 PM, wcblack34 said:

The COVID cap is going to mess up several franchises for many years, even after everything returns to normal. 

won't it just go away in April when it gets warmer...? magically...?

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Can Rick Wagner play in our scheme? Could be a decent stop gap for us if he still has some game left and doesn’t want top dollar. 

Stop gap where? Doesn’t look like Reiff is going anywhere and we have O’Neill. 

• Like 1

I’m sure every play is anti-restructure this time of year. 

Until they actually know what the cap situation is, I’d refuse to discuss any type of restructure, too. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m sure every play is anti-restructure this time of year. 

Until they actually know what the cap situation is, I’d refuse to discuss any type of restructure, too. 

Why would that be? Having their salary converted to a signing bonus guarantees their salary. The only reason that I can think of that a player would be anti-restructure this year is if they didn't want to play for their current team on their current contract this year.

Not all restructures are the same. 

Simple restructures, there’s really not much reason to not agree to them as you’re still getting your money.

But restructures that turn base salary into per game roster bonuses or other incentives that provide the team with cap relief and the possibility of the can not being kicked down the road don’t have any benefit to the player. 

13 hours ago, RpMc said:

But restructures that turn base salary into per game roster bonuses or other incentives that provide the team with cap relief and the possibility of the can not being kicked down the road don’t have any benefit to the player. 

Are there instances of people talking about something other than the standard simple restructure when they mention restructuring contracts without further specification? I have always been pretty sure when someone mentions restructure that they are talking about the standard simple restructure. Maybe I am wrong about that.