Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

14 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

Meaning if they don't do something they will likely blow it up?

Probably, I think they probably know they need to at least make a deep run. 

next years free agents as of right now:

P2, Smith, Barr, O’Neill, Hughes (5th year option probably not picked up), Weatherly, Hill

so looking forward, we have 0 Starting Tackles, 1 Starting LB, 0 Starting safety’s after this year. 

with salary cap estimate adjustments we are looking at $9.2M in cap room.

1 hour ago, NoDakViking said:

Meaning if they don't do something they will likely blow it up?

I think they have to blow it up if they don't have a deep playoff run.  It's past time for Vikings fans to be more impatient with the team and the FO.  It may not have much impact, but it might have some.  I am tired of this team getting into the playoffs every other year...and it seemingly being okay with ownership, the FO, and with fans.

54 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I think they have to blow it up if they don't have a deep playoff run.  It's past time for Vikings fans to be more impatient with the team and the FO.  It may not have much impact, but it might have some.  I am tired of this team getting into the playoffs every other year...and it seemingly being okay with ownership, the FO, and with fans.

It’s the perfect formula though from an ownership perspective. You’re relevant every year and talented enough to justify playoff optimism every year. Which keeps fans interested. Plus, there are many premier players on this team and that is also huge for the Wilfs. There could be worse outcomes for the Wilfs than the Vikes current state.

32 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

It’s the perfect formula though from an ownership perspective. You’re relevant every year and talented enough to justify playoff optimism every year. Which keeps fans interested. Plus, there are many premier players on this team and that is also huge for the Wilfs. There could be worse outcomes for the Wilfs than the Vikes current state.

Yep, every game sold out and packed. TV numbers do good, and we win games.

1 hour ago, Virginia Viking said:

I know this isn't saying much, but just be thankful you're not a Lions fan. I mean those fans take anything -- any little shred or comeback victory against an equally bad team on any given season and walk it for miles. Just winning a playoff game would be like winning the Super Bowl to some of these fans. And why not when you've suffered so long. How many miserable Thanksgivings have the Lions had to endure? It's so predictable in the worst way that it's laughable. 

Maybe the Dennis Green Vikings put this seed in me, but so long as the team is making the playoffs there's a chance. Yes it stinks not making it to the Super Bowl, and that should be the expectation, but we have to still appreciate if the team is able to be competitive with the good teams. Because like I said, it could be a lot worse.

You're right though, if after next season the team flounders, with so much time and not being able to get over the hump, it will be time for a new direction. Hopefully the team goes forward at that point, but the opposite could happen as well. So essentially I'm nervous about this season.

2 hours ago, babababa said:

I know this isn't saying much, but just be thankful you're not a Lions fan. I mean those fans take anything -- any little shred or comeback victory against an equally bad team on any given season and walk it for miles. Just winning a playoff game would be like winning the Super Bowl to some of these fans. And why not when you've suffered so long. How many miserable Thanksgivings have the Lions had to endure? It's so predictable in the worst way that it's laughable. 

Maybe the Dennis Green Vikings put this seed in me, but so long as the team is making the playoffs there's a chance. Yes it stinks not making it to the Super Bowl, and that should be the expectation, but we have to still appreciate if the team is able to be competitive with the good teams. Because like I said, it could be a lot worse.

You're right though, if after next season the team flounders, with so much time and not being able to get over the hump, it will be time for a new direction. Hopefully the team goes forward at that point, but the opposite could happen as well. So essentially I'm nervous about this season.

It might not be a full blowup since a lot of the team is very young, but I could definitely see Zim, Spielman, and Cousins ( trade or just let him walk after his contract) gone.  And probably every vet over the age of 31/32.

If Kirk can’t do it this year I’d be pounding the table to explore new options at QB. I still wouldn’t have an issue trading away 1st round picks for a QB prospect. We still have a young team as previously stated. 

I don’t have a problem with Slick Rick as GM but am iffy about Zimmer. 

Edited by mattyice0401

Cole didn’t fit well at center for us but I thought he was going to be solid interior line depth. I guess the front office preferred the 6th rounder as opposed to him as depth. Had an okay rookie year but just stayed okay and was pretty error prone with false starts and getting pushed around last year. He might do better at guard as opposed to center. Probably a solid inexpensive gamble for y’all 

• Like 2