Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, viking said:

Should have picked up Winfield Jr. last year instead of Gladney

I wanted us to trade up for CJ Henderson.

Ugh of course. 

A quick reminder that the vast majority of NFL players are not good role models.

Edited by SteelKing728
Maybe I should call them playas instead

2 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

I thought gladney was a weak selection in the first round... especially since i figured he was slot CB instead of outside CB pre-draft. 

This incident obviously worsens it. 

If looking at Gladney as purely a slot guy, he’s already been replaced with Alexander. Bigger question is if we have an outside guy and I was hoping Gladney could have developed into that. Now we will have to look at Dantzler as the future and a big unknown with Peterson. And now there isn’t much depth to speak of.

Guess he can be another teams problem. 

19 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

If looking at Gladney as purely a slot guy, he’s already been replaced with Alexander. Bigger question is if we have an outside guy and I was hoping Gladney could have developed into that. Now we will have to look at Dantzler as the future and a big unknown with Peterson. And now there isn’t much depth to speak of.

Guess he can be another teams problem. 

Dantzler was clearly the starter on the outside with Gladney in the slot by the end of the season. Peterson essentially replaces the team depending on Hughes. Alexander was likely brought in as Gladney’s backup in the slot, and he’ll likely now be competing with Hughes for that spot to start the season. 

In the big picture losing a slot corner isn't the end of the world.  We can survive with Dantzler, Peterson, Alexander, and Hughes.  Plus we have like 7 draft picks in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounds to draft another slot corner.

What sucks is losing a 1st round pick from last year (Gladney) and having no 2nd round pick this year (Ngakoue).  In theory that should be 2 starters that we miss out on.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Freakout said:

In the big picture losing a slot corner isn't the end of the world.  We can survive with Dantzler, Peterson, Alexander, and Hughes.  Plus we have like 7 draft picks in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounds to draft another slot corner.

What sucks is losing a 1st round pick from last year (Gladney) and having no 2nd round pick this year (Ngakoue).  In theory that should be 2 starters that we miss out on.

Unfortunately, outside of Jefferson and Bradbury, there hasn’t been a long term find from round one since 2014. Lots of misses or reasons to move on. And that includes that awful Bradford trade that cost a first. 

And even Bradbury hasn’t been stellar.