Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Defensive tackle Michael Pierce is back with the Vikings, after opting out of the 2020 season due to the pandemic. Meeting with reporters on Wednesday, Pierce said that the Vikings haven’t decided as a team whether to opt out of offseason workouts in 2021.

Via Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Pierce said that it remains undecided regarding whether he, or anyone on the team, will participate in offseason practices, ostensibly due to lingering concerns regarding the pandemic.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/14/michael-pierce-vikings-havent-decided-whether-to-participate-in-offseason-workouts/

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I haven't seen it yet, was he Phat Pat like?

Didn’t watch it. I just listened. He’s very energetic, fun, and charismatic with his answers. And he didn’t shy away from answering anything. Very candid. 

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Defensive tackle Michael Pierce is back with the Vikings, after opting out of the 2020 season due to the pandemic. Meeting with reporters on Wednesday, Pierce said that the Vikings haven’t decided as a team whether to opt out of offseason workouts in 2021.

Via Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Pierce said that it remains undecided regarding whether he, or anyone on the team, will participate in offseason practices, ostensibly due to lingering concerns regarding the pandemic.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/14/michael-pierce-vikings-havent-decided-whether-to-participate-in-offseason-workouts/

I wouldn't blame him for opting out of Otas with asthma but shouldn't most players be vaccinated by then? 

I don't know why they wouldn't just keep it optional for the players to attend

14 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I wouldn't blame him for opting out of Otas with asthma but shouldn't most players be vaccinated by then? 

I don't know why they wouldn't just keep it optional for the players to attend

It’s nothing more than a power play by the NFLPA. 

15 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

It’s nothing more than a power play by the NFLPA. 

It doesn't seem like they have much of a leg to stand on after they played a full season with no vaccinations

22 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

It doesn't seem like they have much of a leg to stand on after they played a full season with no vaccinations

It's just a way for them to try to get out of offseason practices because of the wear and tear they say that it does.  That NFLPA President gives a lot of nonsensical answers IMO...and it's not just because he's a former Packer.  His answers are lame and easily refuted.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It's just a way for them to try to get out of offseason practices because of the wear and tear they say that it does.  That NFLPA President gives a lot of nonsensical answers IMO...and it's not just because he's a former Packer.  His answers are lame and easily refuted.

I wonder how the players that are near the bottom of the roster feel.  They might need every chance they get to impress the coaches and be as prepared as possible going into the preseason to have a chance of making the team. 

I realize the NFLPA doesn't really represent them but it'd be nice if they let them have the option of practicing since the veterans could use covid as an option to opt out anyways

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I realize the NFLPA doesn't really represent them but it'd be nice if they let them have the option of practicing since the veterans could use covid as an option to opt out anyways

Agreed.  They already have that option under the current rules for the OTAs...the only thing mandatory is the minicamp.  The veterans just think that they get demerits if they don't show up.  

38 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I wonder how the players that are near the bottom of the roster feel.  They might need every chance they get to impress the coaches and be as prepared as possible going into the preseason to have a chance of making the team. 

Veterans make a lot more than rookies. More offseason programs help the rookies so I guess eliminating them makes it easier for undeserving veterans to stick around at a higher cost.

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Florio is a hack, and doesn’t get much right, but here he hits it on the head, and shows the biggest hole in the NFLPA’s argument.

As long as that Planet Fitness is next to a chinese restaurant, then it should be okay...says Daunte Culpepper.