Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

Patterson wearing a lot of hats these days.  All i hope is that he still has time to be the excellent teacher he's shown to be.

We need to be sure to split development hours appropriately ;)

Edited by RpMc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

I wonder how the players that are near the bottom of the roster feel.  They might need every chance they get to impress the coaches and be as prepared as possible going into the preseason to have a chance of making the team. 

I realize the NFLPA doesn't really represent them but it'd be nice if they let them have the option of practicing since the veterans could use covid as an option to opt out anyways

NFLPA likes to keep the middle 80% 'most happy'. Everything is a bargaining issue

36 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Patterson wearing a lot of hats these days.  All i hope is that he still has time to be the excellent teacher he's shown to be.

I’m guessing that most are titles out of respect, and that his duties haven’t changed. He’s still primarily the d-line coach. 

Despite what the titles are, I still view the breakdown of responsibilities as such. 

Mike Zimmer - Gameday DC and play caller 

Paul Guenther - M-F DC responsibilities, same role as George Edwards

Andre Patterson - D Line coach

Adam Zimmer - LB coach

I think last year, after Edwards left, Zimmer split the responsibilities that Edwards had during the week between himself, Patterson, and his son. And I think it spread them out too thin. That’s why I think they brought in Paul Guenther, to take over those responsibilities and allow the two Zimmers and Patterson to get back to doing what they do best.

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, RpMc said:

By far the most important aspect of this entire offseason!! Hehe

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’d bring Sheldon Richardson back in a heartbeat. 

yeah for sure - a big selling point for the Vikes is that he won't have to do much dirty work. Just get him in on the passing downs and let him hunt

3 hours ago, NoDakViking said:

Is wouldn't think Richardson would be interested but I definitely think they will draft a DT for passing downs like Twyman or Darius Stills.  That is unless they think James Lynch as progressed enough for that role.

You don't think Armon Watts can help with that?