Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

I'm starting to think the Packers should have just bit the bullet and traded Rodgers. Unless this is just contract negotiations and a new contract will make everything better. 

They could have really set themselves up well for life after Rodgers but would be a lot harder to do now

50 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I'm starting to think the Packers should have just bit the bullet and traded Rodgers. Unless this is just contract negotiations and a new contract will make everything better. 

They could have really set themselves up well for life after Rodgers but would be a lot harder to do now

A trade could happen at any time. But it likely won’t until after June 1. 

On 4/30/2021 at 5:41 AM, vikesfan89 said:

The Packers really screwed themselves. They could have had the #3 overall pick and more from San Francisco.

Any trade now will necessarily involve picks from a team that Rodgers will be piloting in 2021, so any draft picks they get will almost certainly be in the bottom 3rd of the draft. 

They could attempt to trade him to Seattle for Russell Wilson, but Wilson is 5 years younger, so the Packers would have to give up something additional to get that deal done.

They could have had #3 and traded down for a haul PLUS opened up a ton of cap space. 

The front office should be fired...not because of Rodgers, but because of gross incompetence. 

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

The Packers really screwed themselves. They could have had the #3 overall pick and more from San Francisco.

Any trade now will necessarily involve picks from a team that Rodgers will be piloting in 2021, so any draft picks they get will almost certainly be in the bottom 3rd of the draft. 

They could attempt to trade him to Seattle for Russell Wilson, but Wilson is 5 years younger, so the Packers would have to give up something additional to get that deal done.

They could have had #3 and traded down for a haul PLUS opened up a ton of cap space. 

The front office should be fired...not because of Rodgers, but because of gross incompetence. 

But how angry will we be if Love turns out to be an elite QB

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

But how angry will we be if Love turns out to be an elite QB

With their run of QBs, I think I just expect it to happen at this point. If it doesn’t happen, I’ll just be pleasantly surprised. 

5 minutes ago, RpMc said:

With their run of QBs, I think I just expect it to happen at this point. If it doesn’t happen, I’ll just be pleasantly surprised. 

With their run of QBs, I actually expect the opposite.  I think Love is going to be Lynn Dickey...just good enough to hold onto, but never good enough to do anything substantive.  I actually think the chances of Love being elite are less than 5%.

With the current lineup of DEs,  do you think Brailford would have a better shot at the final 53 by moving to LB?

He seemed to be pretty athletic in his limited time last year, but I don't think he's done it before from what I've found.

Worth a shot?

3 hours ago, NoDakViking said:

With the current lineup of DEs,  do you think Brailford would have a better shot at the final 53 by moving to LB?

He seemed to be pretty athletic in his limited time last year, but I don't think he's done it before from what I've found.

Worth a shot?

I figured Mata'afa could. He's pretty versatile.