Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

9 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I'd say the future is easily as bright as it has been for the Wolves with the sale of the team to A-Rod. They also finished the season "strong" going 11-13 since 4/2. 

And hopefully, it will be even brighter, if as rumors suggest, that A-Rod will bring in KG as a minority partner as well when they take over full ownership, just so that whole stupid acrimonious cloud between KG and Glen can be over with and his jersey can get lifted into the rafters where it belongs.  

16 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

I'd say the future is easily as bright as it has been for the Wolves with the sale of the team to A-Rod. They also finished the season "strong" going 11-13 since 4/2. 

When you say "A-Rod" are you talking about Alex Rodriguez? I read somewhere that the Wolves were sold but never bothered myself to read who bought them. As far as I know (not far in this case), Alex Rodriguez has no ties to the area. Maybe he'll move the team. Not sure if bringing in KG would change the odds of that, but I am sure that I don't care too hard whether the Wolves stay or go.

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I’d say more KG reasons. 

Agreed.  To summarize what I understand, KG feels that he was promised a stake in the team with Flip when Flip got him to come back...Glen said that was never promised...but then Flip died, which then even if that promise was made, certainly threw that into the garbage bin...yet, KG still feels he was deceived and refuses to participate in any ceremony.    

59 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Agreed.  To summarize what I understand, KG feels that he was promised a stake in the team with Flip when Flip got him to come back...Glen said that was never promised...but then Flip died, which then even if that promise was made, certainly threw that into the garbage bin...yet, KG still feels he was deceived and refuses to participate in any ceremony.    

KG acts like the Timberwolves were owed to him and that he should have been handed the ownership. 

Over the years, Kevin Garnett has become synonymous with petty. 

2 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

When you say "A-Rod" are you talking about Alex Rodriguez? I read somewhere that the Wolves were sold but never bothered myself to read who bought them. As far as I know (not far in this case), Alex Rodriguez has no ties to the area. Maybe he'll move the team. Not sure if bringing in KG would change the odds of that, but I am sure that I don't care too hard whether the Wolves stay or go.

Yes, baseball's Alex Rodriguez.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31439557/alex-rodriguez-group-purchase-minnesota-timberwolves-15-billion-per-reports

• Like 1

6 hours ago, swede700 said:

A-Rod = Alex Rodriguez

A-Rodg = Aaron Rodgers

lol. Never occurred to me that A-Rod could also be interpreted as Aaron Rodgers, but I can see that. Maybe if there wasn't already an A-Rod that is what people would have called Rodgers. It would have been wild had the Packers QB bought a pro MN sports team.

As I was asking if A-Rod referred to the first guy that came to my mind it did occur to me that I could simply type something into Google and look it up. But then I remembered that I don't care enough about the NBA to type in a search. Thanks @VikeManDan for confirming my suspicions so I didn't have to peck out a search. My first thought with A-Rod is that he might move the team. Still not sure that I care one way or another on that.

It's his team now apparently. No matter where he wants the team to play he'll hopefully build a better team. He's a competitive guy so maybe he'll get to a market that would interest enough superstar players for him to be allowed to bring together a group that can compete with the other teams.