Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

Just now, swede700 said:

Because there's consequences to cutting him now, especially since he was a 1st rd pick.

Does draft status really matter the moment you’re drafted? Perhaps for some of the early round guys but a late first round pick? There are no consequences to cutting him outside of not having him on the team. Hes proving to be a bad pick who’s not showing signs of fitting this team however. He might only turn it around if he has to start over with a new team. I’m okay if giving players a second chance for some offenses, but not something like this for a player who hasn’t shown anything.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Does draft status really matter the moment you’re drafted? Perhaps for some of the early round guys but a late first round pick? There are no consequences to cutting him outside of not having him on the team. Hes proving to be a bad pick who’s not showing signs of fitting this team however. He might only turn it around if he has to start over with a new team. I’m okay if giving players a second chance for some offenses, but not something like this for a player who hasn’t shown anything.

If you cut him right now, you're locking in a nearly $8M dead cap number.  If you wait and he goes on the Exempt list, that number doesn't count then.  

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

If you cut him right now, you're locking in a nearly $8M dead cap number.  If you wait and he goes on the Exempt list, that number doesn't count then.  

Well, they ended up pulling the plug today anyway...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Well, they ended up pulling the plug today anyway...

I don’t think money is much of a deciding factor at this point, obviously. Not worth avoiding the dead money cost of having to be part of this and having to stand by Gladney as he works through his legal issues, which clearly look ugly. 

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I don’t think money is much of a deciding factor at this point, obviously. Not worth avoiding the dead money cost of having to be part of this and having to stand by Gladney as he works through his legal issues, which clearly look ugly. 

Well, I'm fairly confident in believing that they would have stood by him through the trial...and possibly believed him, until the report came out about him trying to bribe her and shut her up with a necklace and certificate and to get her to delete her texts.  That pretty much put the nails in his coffin as a Viking and quite possibly his career.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Well, I'm fairly confident in believing that they would have stood by him through the trial...and possibly believed him, until the report came out about him trying to bribe her and shut her up with a necklace and certificate and to get her to delete her texts.  That pretty much put the nails in his coffin as a Viking and quite possibly his career.

Yeah sucks, I liked his competitiveness he showed as a rookie and fight he showed.  But yeah sadly his career is probably over now after this one.  If legit which apparently it is yeah good he is getting punished for it.

What is really awful though is the Vikings have the LOSEST vaccination rate in the league, league players are around 90% the Vikings are around 70% or even below that.

6 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I doubt it. The NFL loves employing abusers.

Not abusers who are in jail. 

And while innocent until proven guilty, I doubt a prosecutor is going to be interested in a plea deal when there are accusations of witness tampering/intimidation. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I believe that they were waiting for charges to be official. There are clauses in NFL contracts that void the contract when a player commits “conduct detrimental to the team”. And I don’t believe a simple accusation qualifies as a breach, but formal charges do qualify. 

I will dig for the tweet where I believe a former agent broke it down. 

Pre-draft I evaluated Gladney as 100% slot corner and not worth either of our 1st round picks.  Thought he was a bad pick and the situation he put himself in obviously was the last straw... this was always going to happen once the formal charges were laid... especially since we already mentally moved on with all the CBs on the roster.

Edited by CriminalMind
  • Like 1

How about this for Viking gossip....

Who in the world on this team outside of Kirk Cousins does not have this vaccine? 

This could ruin the season if they stand as the least vaccinated team in the NFL, no way they win long term this year if they stay at that lowest vaccination rate in the league mark.

https://thevikingage.com/2021/08/02/minnesota-vikings-rumors-players-quit-covid-vaccinated/

This is interesting read linked above.  

“I know of at least three [Vikings] players who will quit before they will vaccinate. End of story. There are three players, I know, who will quit before they get the [COVID-19] vaccine.”

And if that is the case why even bother with a season and basically the entire QB room not vaccinated, article also cites that Mond is not vaccinated and Cousins would quit rather than get a vaccine.  So why not just end the Vikings season right now, holy **** what a mess.  

Makes one want to cut Kirk Cousins right now honestly but they would lose millions in doing so, and right when I was about to turn on the guy and start to like him after such a decent season last year, he goes and does this.  Guess no surprise with his idiot mask commentary last year....  

Seriously after such a promising offseason with the moves they made and players brought in, what a **** show now.