Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

If I was Zim I’d suspend every unvaccinated player for conduct detrimental to the team and tell them to stay home. Protect your players that actually give a ****. 

Absolute idiocy. We’d still have polio and small pox if these morons were around a few generations ago. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

If I was Zim I’d suspend every unvaccinated player for conduct detrimental to the team and tell them to stay home. Protect your players that actually give a ****. 

Absolute idiocy. We’d still have polio and small pox if these morons were around a few generations ago. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

That sounds like a terrible idea and it would probably send an even worse message.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I think Zimmer likes his job though

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:
 what a **** show now.

can we please not start posting like this? others have done it too.

it's definitely against forum rules and always has been, the Webmaster calls it subverting the profanity filters. we're all educated people here, we can use proper vocabulary to express ourselves, and not let it degrade.

thanks, all.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Why? Explain yourself.

Suspending players for conduct that is ultimately a personal choice, and that doesn’t violate any actual league rules or laws is a bad look. 

If the NFL wanted 100% vaccination, they should have made vaccination mandatory. They didn’t, so you can’t start punishing players who have chosen not to. 

All Zimmer, the Vikings, and the league can, and should, continue to do is stay on the message that players should get vaccinated, continue to provide education to unvaccinated players, and hope that common sense eventually kicks in. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Why? Explain yourself.

It sets a bad precedent I think. It starts with vaccinations and keeps rolling into things that we aren't allowed to talk about on this site (cutting players for their ethnicity, religious views, political views etc).

Perhaps its a stretch but its enough to worry me. 

Again, I don't want to cross any boundaries that the site asks of us, so if you have a response, I'm open for PMs. 

5 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Suspending players for conduct that is ultimately a personal choice, and that doesn’t violate any actual league rules or laws is a bad look. 

If the NFL wanted 100% vaccination, they should have made vaccination mandatory. They didn’t, so you can’t start punishing players who have chosen not to. 

All Zimmer, the Vikings, and the league can, and should, continue to do is stay on the message that players should get vaccinated, continue to provide education to unvaccinated players, and hope that common sense eventually kicks in. 

Exactly this. You nailed it!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with suggesting getting a vaccine and educating people about it. Its how you get skeptics to come around!

15 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah sucks, I liked his competitiveness he showed as a rookie and fight he showed.  But yeah sadly his career is probably over now after this one.  If legit which apparently it is yeah good he is getting punished for it.

What is really awful though is the Vikings have the LOSEST vaccination rate in the league, league players are around 90% the Vikings are around 70% or even below that.

If convicted I hope he is given the maximum possible penalty.  However, in football obsessed Texas, I don't trust the system to do right by the victim.

5 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

At least during the preseason, they should be benched...for their own health and well-being.  Plus, the players behind them need the snaps and inevitably they will be called upon in the regular season.  I don't care how bad Cousins looks early in the season if he hasn't had the snaps.  He looks bad in the first four games of EVERY season!!

4 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

At least during the preseason, they should be benched...for their own health and well-being.  Plus, the players behind them need the snaps and inevitably they will be called upon in the regular season.  I don't care how bad Cousins looks early in the season if he hasn't had the snaps.  He looks bad in the first four games of EVERY season!!

Protocols are in place to deal with unvaccinated players, preseason is also the time where you make sure that those protocols work. 

59 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

It sets a bad precedent I think. It starts with vaccinations and keeps rolling into things that we aren't allowed to talk about on this site (cutting players for their ethnicity, religious views, political views etc).

Perhaps its a stretch but its enough to worry me.

That’s what I thought you meant.

7 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

If cousins he misses a couple games this year and that is partly due to just missing the playoffs, the best excuse for Rick/Zim just occured, and they could be back the following year. 

It's an Odd year so expect to go 14-3 or 13-4.

• Like 1