Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

I think one thing that we need to remember with the roster cut down is that this year the cut down day is basically 5 days early. 

Most teams have the next five days to continue to build/adjust their roster before they start their typical weekly routine for game preparation. Whereas in the past, cut down day was on Sunday and game prep started Monday. 

Teams are playing chess right now. And the 3 week IR rules makes things even more interesting. 

Edited by SemperFeist

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I think one thing that we need to remember with the roster cut down is that this year the cut down day is basically 5 days early. 

Most teams have the next five days to continue to build/adjust their roster before they start their typical weekly routine for game preparation. Whereas in the past, cut down day was on Sunday and game prep started Monday. 

Teams are playing chess right now. And the 3 week IR rules makes things even more interesting. 

That is true I could see all of Abdullah, Griffen, and DePaola back on the roster after the initial waiver rush is concluded.

2 minutes ago, solidvikingfan said:

That is true I could see all of Abdullah, Griffen, and DePaola back on the roster after the initial waiver rush is concluded.

It should be pointed out that all 3 were pretty much set to be paid league minimum, with no guaranteed money, and none of them are subject to waivers. 

So, the Vikings could essentially have told each of them that we’ll bring you back later this week, at your same salary. 

I’ll also be curious to see what Griffen’s contract would look like, if the reports are true that they’ll bring him back. 

Was the 1 year, league minimum contract just to get him on the roster for some work, knowing full well that this was going to happen?

I’m guessing that we can expect 4 players to get placed on IR tomorrow. Smith Jr and Nwangwu are almost certain, but I’m also expecting to see Darrisaw and Barr get put on IR as well. 

Also wouldn’t be shocked if Weatherly gets traded after waiver claims are made and some team misses out. 

Edited by SemperFeist

3 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

A 4th? Yikes. Not a good trade, imo. Hoping to be wrong. 

Courtney Cronin said The Vikings give up their 4th in 2022, and get The Jets' 6th back as change.  So the price is something like a 4 and a halfth.  Still a waste of a decent draft choice.  

If you think the Vikings are a playoff team, you’re trading a pick that’ll be in the last third of the 4th round (roughly pick 120 to 140). While the Jets are still likely to pick in the top ten (roughly pick 185 to 195) 

The value of pick 120 is 54 points, while the value of pick 195 is 13, for a difference of 41 points. That’s roughly the value of a mid 5th round pick. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If you think the Vikings are a playoff team, you’re trading a pick that’ll be in the last third of the 4th round (roughly pick 120 to 140). While the Jets are still likely to pick in the top ten (roughly pick 185 to 195) 

The value of pick 120 is 54 points, while the value of pick 195 is 13, for a difference of 41 points. That’s roughly the value of a mid 5th round pick. 

Sure, when I posted that there wasn't a 6th coming back......in any event, the only thing that matters is if the TE is healthy and productive.....