Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

25 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Vikings claimed TE Ben Ellefson from Jacksonville. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if he replaces Dillon. 

Players signed have to wait a few days before joining the team don't they? I wonder how comfortable they would be with just Conklin having been here. Unless they send Dillon to the practice squad and call him up for the first game or 2

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

Players signed have to wait a few days before joining the team don't they? I wonder how comfortable they would be with just Conklin having been here. Unless they send Dillon to the practice squad and call him up for the first game or 2

Once they clear waivers, they don't have to wait at all.  

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Once they clear waivers, they don't have to wait at all.  

I thought there was a quarantine period yet or are they not doing that this year? 

Edit: or are they good as long as they are vaccinated? 

Edited by vikesfan89

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

I thought there was a quarantine period yet or are they not doing that this year? 

I didn't think about it from that perspective...I don't know that as I'm not well-versed in what those protocols are.

23 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Supposedly there's now a bidding war for Zach Davidson...(not really because they can't pay them anymore money, but they potentially could offer a better opportunity)

Not sure what you mean by "can't pay them anymore money".  Teams aren't forced to pay practice squad players a certain amount.

However, I didn't see anything out of Davidson that would get me to pay him more than the minimum. I'm very happy to have Ben Ellefson on the team instead.

Edited by Cearbhall

17 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

The entry protocol for unvaccinated players is five days of negative tests. For vaccinated players, it is just a single negative test iirc.  It is another example of the league segregating vaccinated and unvaccinated players in a way that doesn't really make sense. It does make it far more likely that a team that needs a player quickly will be looking only to sign vaccinated players.