Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

8 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Not sure what you mean by "can't pay them anymore money".  Teams aren't forced to pay practice squad players a certain amount.

Practice squad players have fixed weekly salaries. Davidson can only make $9,200 per week, regardless of which team’s practice squad he’s on. 

7 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Practice squad players have fixed weekly salaries. Davidson can only make $9,200 per week, regardless of which team’s practice squad he’s on. 

You are wrong. I don't know what else to tell you at the moment. If I get time I'll read that section of the CBA again. If you want to post the section that says it is fixed that would be great too.  Until then, neither of our information is substantiated.

2 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Get better bro. See you next year. We should not even consider bringing him back towards the end of the year.

Only way its worth it is if we have a surprisingly great season and he's 100% ready to go.

The starters shouldn't have played week 3 of the preseason. What a joke. Our receiving options have been ravaged this season and its not even week 1 yet.

10 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

You are wrong. I don't know what else to tell you at the moment. If I get time I'll read that section of the CBA again. If you want to post the section that says it is fixed that would be great too.  Until then, neither of our information is substantiated.

Now I can substantiate. Here you go:

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/NFLPA/CBA2020/NFL-NFLPA_CBA_March_5_2020.pdf

Go to Article 33, section 3.

Looks like player salary depends on various criteria.  I'll believe you that Davidson falls into the $9,200 tier.

Edited by Cearbhall
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Now I can substantiate. Here you go:

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/NFLPA/CBA2020/NFL-NFLPA_CBA_March_5_2020.pdf

Go to Article 26, section 1.

Wrong article. Article 26 is in reference to players on the active roster. 

Go to Article 33, section 3. Which deals with the practice squad. 

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Yep. I had edited my post that you quoted.  Thanks for posting the correct info anyway in case others saw it before the edit.

4 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

In the end, I go with what the CBA says, but there is some conflicting information too.  See this: https://dknation.draftkings.com/nfl/2021/9/1/22651355/2021-nfl-practice-squad-salary-rules-eligibility-size-roster-cuts-covid-19-coronavirus#:~:text=Practice squad players make %249%2C200,comes sniffing around a player.

Practice squad players make $9,200 per week or $165,600 for 18 weeks. Veteran players with over two years of experience will make $14,000 per week or $252,000 for 18 weeks.

Teams are allowed to pay a player a higher salary than the minimum, and this often happens if another team comes sniffing around a player. 

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

By my count that is 12/16

I think there have been 14 mentioned in Tomasson tweets:

1. Hinton
  2. Mata'afa
  3. Rose Jr
  4. Tye Smith
  5. Nickerson
  6. Bargas
  7. Browning
  8. Tuf Borland
  9. Myron Mitchell