Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

21 hours ago, Ozzy said:

This garbage can is Sean Mannion.

ImperfectVapidChamois-max-1mb.gif

In case anyone forgot the comment.

They must love how Sean Mannion prepares or studies or something because on the field he is nothing great.  Still I would have much rather had Kyle Lauletta on the practice squad than Mannion but Lauletta is on the Jaguars practice squad right now.   Lauletta is younger, more talented, has a better arm and more upside than Mannion does.  Granted he cannot "teach" Mond as well as Mannion can or should because Mannion knows the playbook.  Still as a thrower of the football the dude is a joke but hey mentally maybe he is all there all the time and knows a lot just cannot produce on the field.

Basically is going to teach Mond I would assume, but can practice squad guys go with the team to games?  I assume not but he will be in the building when Mond is and with work with him, I would assume that is what they are going for there.

2 hours ago, babababa said:

Having Cousins and Mond unvaccinated makes me nervous about this team this year. It's like Michael Irvin stressed to the Cowboys in the offseason. If you're serious about getting to the Superbowl you can't set your team back over something like this. The unvaccinated on this team haven't been upfront about their reasoning. We suspect with Kirk it's about religion, but other than that, take a wild guess. 

Whether your Right-wing or Left-wing you can distrust your government but it's not taking into account the entire world that has also been dealing with this. To think this is some world-wide conspiracy or something -- I've failed to understand that. People from all walks of life have been vaccinated and it's being proven that almost all of the severe cases of Delta are due to the unvaccinated. I have an 8 year old kid and I don't want him getting Delta. 

This isn't a political post so I don't want to hear about it. 

It's not even political. Was Polio or small pox political? No. How it became political is beyond me (Well, I have an idea). Mond continues to be an idiot who doesn't care about winning for his own personal, incorrect reason. Same with Cousins. Same with any of these players. It's just frustrating. 

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

They must love how Sean Mannion prepares or studies or something because on the field he is nothing great.  Still I would have much rather had Kyle Lauletta on the practice squad than Mannion but Lauletta is on the Jaguars practice squad right now.   Lauletta is younger, more talented, has a better arm and more upside than Mannion does.  Granted he cannot "teach" Mond as well as Mannion can or should because Mannion knows the playbook.  Still as a thrower of the football the dude is a joke but hey mentally maybe he is all there all the time and knows a lot just cannot produce on the field.

Basically is going to teach Mond I would assume, but can practice squad guys go with the team to games?  I assume not but he will be in the building when Mond is and with work with him, I would assume that is what they are going for there.

I really believe it’s just a guy that Kirk feels comfortable with and he really understands the system. 

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Just now, SemperFeist said:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. What these people fail to understand is that opinions can be wrong, and they aren’t entitled to their own truth. 

The problem is that some think that their opinion is as valid or carries the same weight as actual fact and science. Oh well, maybe Mond will find some horse dewormer if he gets it again.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

The problem is that some think that their opinion is as valid or carries the same weight as actual fact and science. Oh well, maybe Mond will find some horse dewormer if he gets it again.

How likely are people to get it a2nd time within a few months? 

28 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

That is great to know and yeah I am correct in the assumption that he must bring something else to the table other than his football playing abilities because those honestly are pretty crap.  

PS No he is not a heck of a player Mr Kubiak.  If he was a heck of a player they would have never drafted Kellen Mond and they would have resigned Sean Mannion and he would not be on the practice squad but the active roster as the backup and potential future starter for the Vikings down the road.  All three of those things are not the case thankfully but sure maybe he is a heck of a football mind and will be good for Kellen to be around.  

Whoever this Courtney Cronin is, she needs to change that twitter picture, not a very good one for a professional journalist.  I would suggest using this one instead, she looks better in it and it is far more professional looking.

qmddlt71fbi1yhiggmlw

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

There's nothing wrong with her Twitter picture. Her employer seems fine with it. 

True, just to me it seems kind of white trash, out of focus and seems too far away from a Twitter profile photo.  Few if anyone would see that photo and think, oh yeah you are a professional journalist that works for ESPN.

47 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

@Ozzynever had a chance to do a deep dive but what can you tell us about the new WR Trishton Jackson. Seems like the Rams fans really liked him.

I never did see him on the Rams this preseason so maybe he improved.  On Syracuse had that one great year and that was pretty much it, good at pressing the corner with speed and made sharp route cuts.  Good open field speed and deep threat ability but I did not love the guy or nothing, not like Jakobi Meyers or anything who was a player I really liked despite being a UDFA.  Jackson I was not super high on physically but hopefully he can do something, honestly though I would rather have Rodney Adams who the Bears cut and he had an awesome preseason, would rather have him on the practice squad.  But I guess now the Bears put him back on the practice squad but not sure if other teams could have picked him up when they cut him or not.  

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Mannion is vaccinated.  I am sure he will be flown with the team to all away games, to make sure that if one of Cousins or Mond tests positive, and the other one is out along with the positive testor, because of Covid protocol, The Vikings will have a QB who qualifies to play.  PS players are allowed to be instantly added to the AR, whenever a player is determined ineligible to play.