Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

52 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Signing Brandel instead of Dozier, who they maxed out their game day elevations, to the active roster probably signals some good things about Wyatt Davis. 

How so? Not to be contrarian, but I'm just not up to speed on how the gameday/COVID elevations work now.

10 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

How so? Not to be contrarian, but I'm just not up to speed on how the gameday/COVID elevations work now.

You can elevate your practice squad players for two games and one additional game if players are out from COVID without exposing them to waivers and we've used those three for both Dakota Dozier and Parry Nickerson so we'd have to cut a player for them to be on our roster for the rest of the season.

On 10/19/2021 at 8:25 AM, SteelKing728 said:

Oh well. Dantzler szn

I still think The Vikings will add another CB from outside the teams current resources.  I hope it would be someone who is better than Breeland is currently, and also better than Dantzler currently is.  I'd like to see Dantzler and the added player start.  But, I realise that there is no way the new player could be ready to start for The Vikings by The Dallas game.  But, if Peterson will be out more than the 3 weeks, The Vikings will be in trouble.  But, I also don't want them to spend a high draft choice on an older veteran.

3 hours ago, Robb_K said:

I still think The Vikings will add another CB from outside the teams current resources.  I hope it would be someone who is better than Breeland is currently, and also better than Dantzler currently is.  I'd like to see Dantzler and the added player start.  But, I realise that there is no way the new player could be ready to start for The Vikings by The Dallas game.  But, if Peterson will be out more than the 3 weeks, The Vikings will be in trouble.  But, I also don't want them to spend a high draft choice on an older veteran.

Harrison Hand will be back soon.

https://theathletic.com/2907705/2021/10/25/inside-the-numbers-why-the-3-3-vikings-have-a-pretty-good-chance-of-making-the-playoffs/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

Great article from Arif for Athletic subscribers. 

The general point is that if you look at the underlying numbers and statistics the Vikings are much better than their record. They still have one of the most difficult schedules in the league the rest of the way, but have the best chance to make a wildcard spot as the best of the mid-tier group of teams fighting for those spots.