Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

Because safety Xavier Woods bolted to the Carolina Panthers in free agency and center Mason Cole joined the Pittsburgh Steelers, Minnesota is the benefactor of two more 6th-Rounders.

NFL.com’s Lance Zierlein explained the setup back in May, “Adding Phillips helps fortify Minnesota’s defensive front, but it will also cancel compensation for the departure of Conklin to the Jets. The good news, however, is that a couple of sixth-round picks look likely to come the Vikings’ way, with Woods and Cole moving on to two different squads via free agency.”

https://vikingsterritory.com/2022/general-news/the-vikings-get-2-additional-draft-picks-in-2023?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

12 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Agreed and he does not seem too slow in these clips, again I say he dropped in the draft because of his injury history and lack of elite play this past season because he was simply not on the field as much as he should have been and that injury also hurt him at the combine.  And listening to the kid he is an outstanding student of the game and has top of the line character.  

a45ce8fd-232c-4a3d-a6f3-34f379abea15_500

hamiltonpbu.gif

BC_HamiltonINT.gif

Hamiltn-2.gif

I don't really think, especially in those last 2, that shows anything about his speed.  It simply shows that he was in the right place.  I get that he's smart, which will probably help him a lot to put him in the position to succeed, but I don't think there's anything exceptional about his skills.  In the last one clearly he was able to read the quarterback so he was already moving before the guy even threw the ball.  That's smarts, not speed.   

5 hours ago, swede700 said:

I don't really think, especially in those last 2, that shows anything about his speed.  It simply shows that he was in the right place.  I get that he's smart, which will probably help him a lot to put him in the position to succeed, but I don't think there's anything exceptional about his skills.  In the last one clearly he was able to read the quarterback so he was already moving before the guy even threw the ball.  That's smarts, not speed.   

Speed?  What the hell are we talking about here, sure Hamilton did not run some 4.3 40 time but since when is that an absolute need at safety all the time?  

Harrison Smith ran a 4.57 40 time with a 34" vertical and 121 broad jump at 6-2 213

Kyle Hamilton ran a 4.59 40 time with a 38" vertical and a 131 broad jump at 6-4 220

Oh and Kyle Hamilton ran that after missing almost half the season with an injured knee and was probably not fully healthy, and Harrison Smith if he has a few more fine years is probably a Hall of Fame safety.  

• Like 1

You literally just said this:

Agreed and he does not seem too slow in these clips,

So, you were discussing his speed.  Speed is certainly not my concern either for a safety, but it will still be a factor.  He will have to rely on his smarts though, moreso than his speed, because he is slower than the average NFL safety. 

The 62nd training camp in Minnesota Vikings history and the fifth hosted at Twin Cities Orthopedics Performance Center will feature 14 open practices, beginning with Back Together Saturday on July 30. To celebrate the start of camp, fans will have the opportunity to watch both the Saturday walk-thru and the afternoon practice followed by player autographs, giveaways and more.

https://www.vikings.com/schedule/vikings-events/training-camp/

9 hours ago, swede700 said:

You literally just said this:

So, you were discussing his speed.  Speed is certainly not my concern either for a safety, but it will still be a factor.  He will have to rely on his smarts though, moreso than his speed, because he is slower than the average NFL safety. 

And this is where he really excels. He is a very smart football player.

11 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Clearly, we need games to start so people can be vindicated on a pick or two and then ignore every other one they were wrong about. Then, and only then, will football truly be back. 

I definitely need the distraction.  🤣

• Like 1

I've seen two former Lions legend linked to the Vikings in the last few weeks - Eric Ebron and Ndamukong Suh.

If we could get both these guys toward vet minimum I'd be all for the Vikings signing them.

Both would be rotational players at positions the Vikings are weak at.

• Like 1

Minneapolis is considered a relatively small market for sports teams. It might not be on the level of a Los Angeles or New York in terms of market appeal, but it can still bring in revenue for the teams in town.

Just look at the Vikings. Bookies.com analyzed the revenue data from 2012-2020 for every team, which showed that Minnesota will rank as the 13th richest team in the NFL by 2025. According to the website, the Vikings will have an estimated $608.75 million in revenue by that time.

The only NFC North team that will have more revenue than the Vikings will be the Packers, per Bookies.com. Green Bay came in at No. 9 on the list.

Somewhat surprisingly, the Bears rank just behind the Vikings at No. 14 on the list. The Lions are last in the NFC North and No. 27 overall. Not a huge surprise here, though: The Cowboys, Patriots and 49ers are set to be the top three teams in terms of revenue.

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2021/06/27/where-the-vikings-rank-on-the-richest-nfl-teams-by-2025-list/?utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0loLf99Ty5k08BMT9Dgh9zBvx8ad_PMCI4KKFnVaVsZrYNla732cPNvtQ

Thirty years of heartbreak, thirty years of mediocrity: the Minnesota Vikings story. It's pretty nice to be a fan of a team that has never been bad for an extended period of time ever, yeah? It just would be nice if, you know, you eventually won a title out of it. Just one. Just an idea.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/ramblings/2022/saints-lead-way-total-dynasty-lists

• Like 2