Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

On 7/27/2022 at 8:25 AM, swede700 said:

Not sure Surratt at ILB I think he will get a shot at OLB with his pass rush history in college and Mintz might be out but will see how he plays.  

At this point I would rather I have Jalen Nailor on the roster than Bisi Johnson in terms of long term potential.  That TE room looks rough and I am pretty sure Irv Smith will get hurt again this year, Davidson, Mundt, Muse or Beyer needs to standout because if not that could be rough.  At least Ellefson can block.  

Hopefully Wyatt Davis can hang on to at least play in the preseason, would love to see how he looks.  But if he is gone and cut, that would be nuts considering how great he was early on in college.   Curious if that is injury related or what.  

They need Booth, Cine and Evans to all be big time hits in terms of play, if not that secondary might kind of suck.  Still not sold with Dantzler, Peterson and Sullivan as this great CB group as starters.  Compared to other teams in that NFL that could be one of the worst groups if those are the starting 3 unless all three greatly improve.  But I guess the Lions and Bears corners on paper are not that strong either but could argue Oruwariye on the Lions and Johnson  on the Bears are better than any corner on the Vikings roster.  And Jerry Jacobs might be a better slot than Sullivan but maybe he was just great when the played the Vikings.  Packers it is not even a question with Alexander, Stokes and Douglas.  

Packers: Alexander, Stokes and Douglas

Just some interesting notes from @Arif regarding yesterday's practice...

• Zach Davidson, while clearly won't be the #2 TE, was the primary replacement for Irv when he got dinged up...which means, he's likely the #2 receiving TE.
  • ISM is the #4 WR currently
  • Akayleb Evans did pretty well and is playing on the 2nd team with Booth
  • Looks like 3-safety looks will be prominent, to get Harry, Cine and Bynum all on the field at the same time
  • Like 1

The 2021 draft class is becoming a strong talking point of camp so far. I’m looking forward to seeing them in action. 

Multiple people have talked about Davidson and how much more developed he looks, both physically and technique. 

Yesterday, PA was talking about how Surratt and Patrick Jones look like completely different players, physically. Clearly spending the offseason in the weight room. 

Mond looks to be taking strides as QB2

And ISM is finding a strong foothold in the receiver group. 

Even Darrisaw was turning some heads with some success against Hunter during the first padded practice. 

• Like 2

He was actually there just because of the rappelling event put on by the Salvation Army at the Vikings' hotel.  Now, that may have just been a convenient excuse on why they nominated him this year, but that was the actual reason he was there.  

15 hours ago, AP_allday2869 said:

Irv sucks

Yeah, looks like we'll end up moving on from him after this season with the way things are going.

I'm hoping he can stay healthy. With teams focused on stopping Cook and Jefferson, Smith could greatly benefit from the lack of attention going his way.