Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

13 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

This is a wild stat. Yes, those 16 starts occurred over 2 separate seasons. But for someone who’s always been just a backup, it’s crazy. 

That is awesome the Vikings got him, no doubt.  He is proven and experienced more than Mond or Mannion combined.  Sure he put up ok stats but also both those seasons where he started he almost had 10+ INTs and was sacked 20 times both of those two years.  

At least he can move around and make some plays, and I would also hope Mannion is gone after trading for Mullens.

He was with the 49ers when Kwesi was there so yet another guy brought in on familiarity.  Still helps the QB room no doubt, my guess is the Raiders only keep two QBs with Carr and Stidham.    

• Like 1

I like this trade a lot. I wonder if Mullens will be ready for significant snaps against Denver.

Mannion's fate is likely sealed, but I think Mond has potential with time and good coaching. Maybe there's a spot for him on the practice squad if the team keeps only 2 QBs on their 53.

The biggest remaining question mark is at center, IMO.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sir Fobos said:

I like this trade a lot. I wonder if Mullens will be ready for significant snaps against Denver.

Mannion's fate is likely sealed, but I think Mond has potential with time and good coaching. Maybe there's a spot for him on the practice squad if the team keeps only 2 QBs on their 53.

The biggest remaining question mark is at center, IMO.

Center is an issue but to me the biggest question for the team is CB, CB, CB....  Who is the slot much less who are the starting boundary corners?  Booth just got hurt, Peterson is likely to get hurt, Dantzler is not proven, Evans is a rookie and Hand has not shown he can be a starter either.  

18 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Center is an issue but to me the biggest question for the team is CB, CB, CB....  Who is the slot much less who are the starting boundary corners?  Booth just got hurt, Peterson is likely to get hurt, Dantzler is not proven, Evans is a rookie and Hand has not shown he can be a starter either.  

Sullivan is the slot.

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

People fired up about Mullens hey.

We haven't had much to be fired up about, considering how little there has been as far as controversy or talkers in the preseason.  

And Mullens broke Favre's single season yardage record at Southern Mississippi...why not get fired up...Of course, he only plays in the highly unlikely event that something happens to Kirk, who seems to have the durability of both Favre and Peyton Manning.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Sullivan is unspectacular, but not bad. I think he'll be an average NCB in this defense, certainly if the pass rush lives up to its potential. Peterson is still solid and Dantzler is pretty good (though he's made some rookie mistakes). CB depth is certainly questionable, though I think some of these young guys will pan out.

The situation at Center seems much worse. There doesn't appear to be even a middle-of-the-pack quality C on the roster. Maybe Bradbury will finally put it all together or McConnell will scheme to limit that vulnerability, but Cousins isn't going to have solid protection in the middle unless something changes.

• Like 2