Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

Just now, battle2heaven said:

Yeah, I think it's safe to say they are going to move on from Tomlinson.

That said, lets all hope he gets the bag somewhere else  because he will factor into the comp formula for 2024 for us (Luke confirmed this on his podcast for today).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Yep, that's it. thanks!

So I think this is why they (the Vikings) are doing this.

They want more interior pass rush juice. Having Phillips and Tomlinson as base ends is a bit redundant. Both are very solid, but both provide pretty much the same pressure, with Tomlinson maybe having a little more juice to get to the qb.

I think they want more. I also think they really like what Tonga brought last year and they are comfortable with him as a 0 tech, if they can improve some pass rushing next to him. 

If the Vikings had landed Evero, I for sure thought Dre'Mont Jones would be a target at the 5 tech. He still might, but I think they want someone with those characteristics. 

Edited by battle2heaven
  • Like 2

The PFF top 101 represents the top 101 individual performances this season, regardless of position, and credits the best players of the season that was.

51. ZA'DARIUS SMITH, MINNESOTA VIKINGS

Smith was a problem all season for opposing offenses to block. He tallied 80 total pressures over the season, with almost half of those coming from an inside alignment, where his speed and quickness proved way too much for guards to contend with.

55. DANIELLE HUNTER, MINNESOTA VIKINGS

After missing significant time with injuries in recent seasons, Hunter was back to something like his best play this season for the Vikings. He totaled 76 pressures including the playoffs, the second most of his career, and earned the second-best overall PFF grade (87.1) in his career.

68. BRIAN O'NEILL, MINNESOTA VIKINGS

O’Neill gave up 24 total pressures in 16 games at right tackle for the Vikings this season. His run blocking was outstanding, with him earning an 83.3 PFF grade in that facet, and his absence due to injury late in the year was an obvious problem for Minnesota to try and overcome.

78. PATRICK PETERSON, MINNESOTA VIKINGS

Peterson may not have the same athletic ability as earlier in his career, but he has the experience and veteran savvy to still be an excellent zone cornerback. Peterson posted an 82.5 PFF coverage grade in 2022 — his best since 2018 — and allowed a 66.8 passer rating into his coverage.

97. KIRK COUSINS, MINNESOTA VIKINGS

Cousins had some spectacular games in 2022, including passing for more than 10.0 yards per attempt on two separate occasions and leading the biggest comeback in NFL history, no matter how that comeback unfolded. He now has five straight years with a PFF grade of at least 79.3.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-101-top-101-players-from-2022-nfl-season

Probably safe to say that likely only JJ will be in the top 50, although Darrisaw possibly could be there as well.  

You guys were right...

Super Bowl 57 brought a close to the 2022 season, and before we move on to the excitement of free agency and the NFL draft, let's reflect on some of the best individual performances of the year.

26. CHRISTIAN DARRISAW, MINNESOTA VIKINGS

Darrisaw's major breakout season for the Vikings was blotted somewhat when he was rushed back from a concussion, leading to a second one in fairly quick succession. Darrisaw ended the season with an 81.8-plus PFF grade as both a run blocker and pass protector.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-101-top-101-players-from-2022-nfl-season

5 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It's not over yet...

this new development is very good for the people that want Tomlinson back!

My stance is that if they want to bring him back as the NT, and have a solid NT rotation of Dalvin and Tonga, I am good with that.

If they want to bring him back as a base end, I'd rather try to obtain someone else with more pass rushing juice.

Let's see what Kwesi is cookin....