Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

18 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Have to pay Jefferson, Hock and Juedy. Might be asking a lot. Wouldn’t hate adding a proven WR, would much prefer Hopkins though. 

From the sounds of it Hopkins is looking to get paid the highest WR contract in football. 
Not saying it happens, but he probably isn’t going to be playing on his contract either. 

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

Jefferson/Osborn/Nailor/Reagor/Powell

Man, we still need some help here!

Depth wise, yes. I liked what Osborn did towards the end of the year. I don’t think he necessarily has to be replaced and he’s earned more reps. But I don’t have any faith in the other three. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Trading for Juedy doesn’t make a lot of sense. That would mean the team would have to find a way to pay Jefferson, Hockenson, Osborn, and Juedy.

Exactly. Jefferson may get $32-33 million. Hockenson will end up getting $15+ million. Jeudy is going to want more than $20 million per season, and is likely to get that and more on the open market. Osborn is probably going to command $12-15 million. Plus we still have Darrisaw needing a massive extension in the next year or two and are currently still on the hook for Dalvin Cook's contract (although he's most likely gone after this season). 

If we're going to be in the market for a better #2 than Osborn, it's going to come in the first round of the draft. Otherwise, it's going to be a bargain bin free agent.

5 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Exactly. Jefferson may get $32-33 million. Hockenson will end up getting $15+ million. Jeudy is going to want more than $20 million per season, and is likely to get that and more on the open market. Osborn is probably going to command $12-15 million. Plus we still have Darrisaw needing a massive extension in the next year or two and are currently still on the hook for Dalvin Cook's contract (although he's most likely gone after this season). 

If we're going to be in the market for a better #2 than Osborn, it's going to come in the first round of the draft. Otherwise, it's going to be a bargain bin free agent.

I feel like in that situation we would move on from Osborn 

4 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

People said the same thing when Christian Kirk broke the bank last year, and Osborn's current stats and trajectory are very much on par. 

yeah but we saw an overcorrection this year to mid tier wrs. Teams have wrangled back the spending for non elite players this off season.

2 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

yeah but we saw an overcorrection this year to mid tier wrs. Teams have wrangled back the spending for non elite players this off season.

Some of that is probably in preparation for another big jump in cap next year.

Lazard and Meyers still got $11MM AAV. Osborn has currently shown as much, or more, than they did at similar stages in their careers. Additionally, the salary cap will be a fair amount higher when he's eligible for free agency. If he avoids injury, I think he easily eclipses that amount. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Lazard and Meyers still got $11MM AAV. Osborn has currently shown as much, or more, than they did at similar stages in their careers. Additionally, the salary cap will be a fair amount higher when he's eligible for free agency. If he avoids injury, I think he easily eclipses that amount. 

you guys are crazy lol. I'll leave it at that 😅

you guys are crazy lol. I'll leave it at that 😅

KJ Osborn hitting ~800 yards and ~5-8 TDs as a #3 option behind JJ and Hock will set him up nicely. Young, consistent, growth year to year - some team (if not the Vikings) will want to see if there's more there.