TCMD - Frequently Asked Questions (OPEN)

ny92mike

NFL Total Control 2018®

General Manager Mock Draft

Created by the fans who give a damn.

Got questions?

giphy.gif

We've got answers.

Post your questions about the guidelines or the workbooks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> here. 

We're proud of what we've created and love talking about it.

Remember, "The only stupid question is the question that is never asked"...............

giphy.gif

Knowing is half the battle.

Known issues with the workbooks

Major:

1. FA Transaction Workbooks
    1. It's in FA Contract Offer 3. The first cell under "Base Salary" is white, not blue (so it can't be edited. 

Minor:

1. FA Transaction Workbooks
    1. FA bidding has an error in the bids that indicate the players preferred contract terms.  It refers to the player name from the first bid, the value and terms of the contract terms information is correct.  The cell is the same as the name of the player in the 1st bid offer.  cells:  E35, E59, E83.  Reserve bidding sheet has the same error.

And on the trade block Cap Hit and Cap #, The cap hit is what the team recieving the player would count against the cap, whereas the Cap # is the total cap # on the current team?

Just so i know if im understanding correctly...So if the Cap # is 10 Million but the cap hit is 7 Million, the player still counts for 3 million of the sending teams cap and the recieving teams cap hit is the remainder, 7 million?

12 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Also do players give kind of a homefield advantage with resigning or  no?

For re-signing of UFA by their original team, when submitting a UFA contract offer (bid), that teams contract will have a % bump relative to other teams.  

From the guidelines

Unrestricted Free Agents (UFA)

Reserve Bidding

In the workbook you have 6 allotted contracts, that you can use to place reserve contracts on players previously on your roster.  However, these contracts must be triggered by another action, either by another team or yourself to be included in the award bidding process.  

Reserve Bidding Triggers

Another team must make a qualifying contract bid on the player.

You make a contract bid using one of the 3 allotted UFA bids.

Wait until the 6th round of free agent bidding.

Using the reserve bidding system in an attempt to resign players is not a guarantee you’ll land the player, as this is an unrestricted free agency and the highest qualifying offer submitted is awarded the player.  So you’ll still need to be competitively, however there is a slight advantage in that reserve bids provide a 6% increase to the contract amount.

After each bidding round, if the player you have a reserve bid on is awarded a team, that player will be removed from the list and you can edit the reserve contracts to include other players to resign.

Resign Offer

To increase your odds of filling your roster with potential players you wish to have returned, with the free agency bidding sheet, the last option of the 4 listed is “resign” this allows you to bypass the triggers needed to initiate an award.  Any qualifying contract resigning bid you create in this contract slot is used to determine the highest offer in the award bidding process, with the same 6% increase being applied as the reserve bids.

UFA to Resign Offer

Each round you are provided 3 contracts that you can submit, however if you prefer to use one or all of these to resign you players, you need to change the offer type from UFA to resign.  Doing so provides your contract amount an 8% increase when entering the Award Bidding Process.  

9 hours ago, Fragafootball said:

Rookie question,

I'm struggling with passing the 2017 top 51 rule requirement in the practice worksheet.

Can someone explain what I need to rework in the contract? 

When I get back home I'll give the workbook a look and see if I can see whats up.  However, I wouldn't even worry about the practice doc.  I haven't looked but it is possible it contains errors.  I'll be working to get you guys the official workbooks toward the end of the week, which will have real numbers and player info. 

2 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

When I get back home I'll give the workbook a look and see if I can see whats up.  However, I wouldn't even worry about the practice doc.  I haven't looked but it is possible it contains errors.  I'll be working to get you guys the official workbooks toward the end of the week, which will have real numbers and player info. 

Image result for iverson practice gif

hahaha

32 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

And on the trade block Cap Hit and Cap #, The cap hit is what the team recieving the player would count against the cap, whereas the Cap # is the total cap # on the current team?

Just so i know if im understanding correctly...So if the Cap # is 10 Million but the cap hit is 7 Million, the player still counts for 3 million of the sending teams cap and the recieving teams cap hit is the remainder, 7 million?

The idea was to provide the potential trading team with a little insight on the contract amount to add the player to your roster, however the cap hit isn't exact as it calculates what it would cost to release the player, and not what it would cost to trade.  The guidelines breakdown how the money is separated between the two teams, basically who takes what monies.

This was on oversight on my part.  I'll try to add another sheet within the trade block that you can plug in the numbers and it give you a break down of both team's cost.

1 minute ago, ny92jefferis said:

The idea was to provide the potential trading team with a little insight on the contract amount to add the player to your roster, however the cap hit isn't exact as it calculates what it would cost to release the player, and not what it would cost to trade.  The guidelines breakdown how the money is separated between the two teams, basically who takes what monies.

This was on oversight on my part.  I'll try to add another sheet within the trade block that you can plug in the numbers and it give you a break down of both team's cost.

Damn i wasn't trying to make more work for ya lol

Archived