TCMD - Frequently Asked Questions (OPEN)

ny92mike

2 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I believe there are no tag and trades. 

There's this in the guidelines:

Tag & Trade

The only way to get rid of a tagged player is to have another team submit a tender offer sheet and then you decline to match the offer, sending the player to that team and you receiving said compensation.  That’s it, you can not trade the player later for less value or release this player at any point during the mock.

What I want to know is that, if a player gets a tag, I can work a trade with his team and then submit a tender offer sheet?

1 minute ago, BowserBroncos said:

There's this in the guidelines:

Tag & Trade

The only way to get rid of a tagged player is to have another team submit a tender offer sheet and then you decline to match the offer, sending the player to that team and you receiving said compensation.  That’s it, you can not trade the player later for less value or release this player at any point during the mock.

What I want to know is that, if a player gets a tag, I can work a trade with his team and then submit a tender offer sheet?

I believe Tag and Trades have there own value already according to them. I believe its a 1st. or a 2nd rounder. dont quote me though lol

Those tag and trade are for RFA tendered players.  1st, 2nd or original round RFA tenders if the original team declines to match an outside teams contract offer on a player, the outside team "trades" the draft pick in the round equal to the tendered tag.

2 hours ago, BowserBroncos said:

Can someone explain to me how it would work the Tag & Trade? like if one team use a tag on a player and I want to make an offer to acquired the tagged player...could we reach an agreement like any other trade? 

No.  When a team tags a player, your only option to attempt to trade for said player is to create a tendered offer sheet, and if you've submitted the best tender offer sheet than anyone else submits, the team that tagged the player will decide either to match or decline the offer.  compensation is already predetermined based on the type of tag.

5 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

I'll reword this in the guidelines because it seems unclear to several people.

really the rule should read, "You cannot release or trade a tagged or tendered player."

That is ridiculous, why not? 

Kirk Cousins is a very high profile tag and trade candidate that will literally shape the landscape of the rest of the irl offseason.  Restricting our ability to trade him makes this entire mock unrealistic.

14 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That is ridiculous, why not? 

Kirk Cousins is a very high profile tag and trade candidate that will literally shape the landscape of the rest of the irl offseason.  Restricting our ability to trade him makes this entire mock unrealistic.

You know that teams don't tag and trade.  The tender offer sheet was designed to allow teams the ability to send a tagged player to another team for compensation.

What you're trying to do is to get compensation for an unrestricted free agent, by tagged the player, bypassing the tender offer sheet rules and get compensation for it.

9 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

You know that teams don't tag and trade.  The tender offer sheet was designed to allow teams the ability to send a tagged player to another team for compensation.

What you're trying to do is to get compensation for an unrestricted free agent, by tagged the player, bypassing the tender offer sheet rules and get compensation for it.

It is HIGHLY realistic that Cousins gets traded IRL.  There have been plenty of players that have been tagged and traded in the past, Matt Cassel, Jared Allen, etc.

Cousins literally shapes the veteran QB market in this offseason.  How can you hamstring us by restricting our ability to trade him?

10 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

It is HIGHLY realistic that Cousins gets traded IRL.  There have been plenty of players that have been tagged and traded in the past, Matt Cassel, Jared Allen, etc.

Cousins literally shapes the veteran QB market in this offseason.  How can you hamstring us by restricting our ability to trade him?

Cousins cannot be traded as it would be the third franchise tag. On the third time u cannot trade a tag player. they have to tag for a year n hope they can resign or have him hit FA this year or next year

5 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Cousins cannot be traded as it would be the third franchise tag. On the third time u cannot trade a tag player. they have to tag for a year n hope they can resign or have him hit FA this year or next year

Find me that rule in writing.  I’ll wait.

Archived