TCMD - Frequently Asked Questions (OPEN)

ny92mike

Just now, ny92jefferis said:

My bad on all these glitches.  First run with the new workbooks it's just gonna happen, so be patient with me.

No problem man, we know you work tirelessly on this.  If I make any requests, don’t take it as too urgent. I can make do ?

12 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

I think the rules say no... I am going to look

EDIT: Could not find anything expressly... may need Commish / Mike @ny92jefferisto make a ruling

IIRC it violated the "spirit" of the game in previous sims

In the past, I wouldn't allow it.  This year, I've opened it up a little more and I'm allowing it, but please don't abuse it.  The only restriction is that once you've altered the contract amount by extending the player you acquired you can't release or trade him.

1 hour ago, ny92jefferis said:

In the past, I wouldn't allow it.  This year, I've opened it up a little more and I'm allowing it, but please don't abuse it.  The only restriction is that once you've altered the contract amount by extending the player you acquired you can't release or trade him.

Ya no, I would strictly have a player included in one trade that would interest another team and include him in another package. 

If you guys aren't comfortable with it I won't do it. 

The Spirit of the game above all.

28 minutes ago, Fragafootball said:

Ya no, I would strictly have a player included in one trade that would interest another team and include him in another package. 

If you guys aren't comfortable with it I won't do it. 

The Spirit of the game above all.

my 2 pence worth would be fine on a three way trade providing they were all announced together but maybe pre authorised by the Big Boss man Mike once the agreement has been made

200w.gif

13 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

my 2 pence worth would be fine on a three way trade providing they were all announced together but maybe pre authorised by the Big Boss man Mike once the agreement has been made

If it was a 3 way trade (more common in NBA than NFL, but still has been done), I don't think there would be a problem

If a team acquired a player and turned around and traded him that would be IMHO more of an eyebrow lifter (even though the effect is similar)

@Fragafootball

If Mike doesn't mind the work, and you haven't altered the contract, I have no issues with this. No, we typically don't allow it and it's definitely not something we want to continually do, but I don't think that we will have a run on 3 way trades. I'd prefer that it actually be structured as a 3 way trade (meaning the initial trade hasn't been announced and all three teams agree at the same time as @mountainpd suggests), but if it hasn't happened that way as of yet, I don't think that it's a major issue in this one instance. 

Archived