TCMD - Frequently Asked Questions (OPEN)

ny92mike

Just now, mountainpd said:

Sorry me again.

if someone places a Rfa tender on a player can I offer them less ? Reason I ask is because of the drop down boxes within the sheets, there is also a couple I want who have not been tendered yet.

No you'll have to offer what the player is asking for in the workbook.  

You can only submit a contract offer sheet to a player that has a tender applied to them.  Once the deadline, for submitting erfa and rfa has expired I'll try to get those that haven't been signed put into the UFA.

7 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Because we NFC East guys stick together.

Kidding....what @Desperado82 said.

Was it made known to the rest of the GM's that this is what happened?   That Dez Bryant was not being restructured

Seems sketchy to have a restructure posted, meaning that those players are not able to be traded, then wake up the next day to find out that said player has been traded.

@ny92jefferis

13 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Was it made known to the rest of the GM's that this is what happened?   That Dez Bryant was not being restructured

Seems sketchy to have a restructure posted, meaning that those players are not able to be traded, then wake up the next day to find out that said player has been traded.

@ny92jefferis

He liked the post so I took it as he didn't want to do anything with Dez and that he wanted to keep the last extension for his tagged player.

I knew Dez wasn't restructured and put on the trade block (because he asked if other GMs were aware) and PMed asking for value and ended up not being near what I thought (I thought he was going to be really cheap given the Cowboys need for cap room).

Not able to send @ny92jefferis any messages right now, so I'm gonna post it here.

Drew Brees is listed as a player on my roster, even though he should be a free agent. The Saints have to pay him a 6 million bonus independently of whether they resign him or not, maybe this is the problem here. Can we fix it before the start of free agency?

4 minutes ago, whodatOL said:

Not able to send @ny92jefferis any messages right now, so I'm gonna post it here.

Drew Brees is listed as a player on my roster, even though he should be a free agent. The Saints have to pay him a 6 million bonus independently of whether they resign him or not, maybe this is the problem here. Can we fix it before the start of free agency?

2018 was a voided year in his contract, so let me go catch @Forge, he can answer this one.

@ny92jefferis

4 hours ago, whodatOL said:

Are you wanting to keep Brees or no?

An extension would resolve this correct?  He isn't technically a free agent until Mar. 14th I think.

If you release him, you'd be on the hook for any signing bonuses.

19 minutes ago, mountainpd said:

When the time comes will I have to state my intention on signing a RFA or will it be picked up automatically from the docs?

Guessing I do but wanted to clarify.

First time I've worked out this formula, but in theory is will automatically display the team with the highest contract offer sheet in the RFA doc.  I'll then post in the forum, for team to match or decline.

4 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

First time I've worked out this formula, but in theory is will automatically display the team with the highest contract offer sheet in the RFA doc.  I'll then post in the forum, for team to match or decline.

Ok thanks. I have one in place just not selected draft pick compensation from the drop down as my list is not yet updated. If you want to check as a test once this is done let me know.

2 hours ago, ny92jefferis said:

Are you wanting to keep Brees or no?

An extension would resolve this correct?  He isn't technically a free agent until Mar. 14th I think.

If you release him, you'd be on the hook for any signing bonuses.

I definitley wanna keep him and yes an extension is what I'm looking at. :D

Archived