TCMD - Frequently Asked Questions (OPEN)

ny92mike

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya but the restrictions of being on a message board, and having a war room of guys talking things over (on both sides) makes deadlines pretty tough.  

And the limits of this being a 1 year event with no long term ramifications past that 1 year. 

That is a reason why so few tag and trades happen in the NFL....GM's are thinking about more than 1 year vs TCMD which is really a 1 year event with no long term concepts.

I will say that I don't agree with the tender compensation of 2 first round picks and would be happy to reduce that requirement.  Simply because the need to have that much compensation is almost impossible to get in these mock drafts.

2 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Everyone has the ability to trade tagged players, under the tender offer sheet rules.

Lets say that we allowed players to be tagged and traded.  How long if any amount of time would the old team need to carry the tagged amount on their own cap before being allowed to trade the player?  

Once free agency starts they can trade them.

I really wish we could of had this debate weeks ago.  I know you guys typically don't get in here until around this time but I was asking for your opinions about changing any rules months ago.  Making changes this late in the game does in fact create more work for me, not that I mind so much but it does.

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Maybe we need to lay out the timeline of events with franchise tags and the dates that things happen relative to other big events like the draft and start of FA.

That way we could look at similar timelines for TCMD

A few pages back I posted times when Jared Allen and Cassel were traded.  Cassel was immediate I think Allen was in April.

I think its either u sign him to franchise or resign him or let him hit FA, all this just seems to be going in circles. The purpose of tagging a player is to KEEP him on your team and hopefully reach a long term deal or to see how they are after an injury. It is not to tag and try to trade to get compensation because you know he doesn't wanna be there and wants to be elsewear. 

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

A few pages back I posted times that Jared Allen and Cassel were traded.  Cassel was immediate I think Allen was in April.

Is that old CBA vs new CBA rules?   There have not been any tag and trade of franchise players that I am aware of since the new CBA in 2011

If the new CBA vs the old CBA rules have been changed as to some of the dates, maybe it is to cut down on the tag and trade aspect.  I believe the NFA wanted to remove that as a scenario as players would prefer to be UFA and sign a deal where they want to go and not be limited by a tag and trade to a destination that they do not want.

2 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I think its either u sign him to franchise or resign him or let him hit FA, all this just seems to be going in circles. The purpose of tagging a player is to KEEP him on your team and hopefully reach a long term deal or to see how they are after an injury. It is not to tag and try to trade to get compensation because you know he doesn't wanna be there and wants to be elsewear. 

Cousins will likely getting tagged and traded irl.  Keeping us from doing it isn’t realistic.

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Cassel was traded first day

Not according to what I'm reading.

He was tagged Feb 5th, 2009, agreed to his tender two days later.  Was then traded to KC on Feb 28th, 2009.  Cassel then signed a long term deal on July 14th, 2009. 

Archived