TCMD - Frequently Asked Questions (OPEN)

ny92mike

Perhaps there are rules for exclusive right franchise tags, which might be the case for the tagged players you mentioned.  I do now that the non exclusive and transition tags must go through the offer sheet processes to get sent to another team.

If irish is right about the third time it could create some problems with unloading him.

7 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Perhaps there are rules for exclusive right franchise tags, which might be the case for the tagged players you mentioned.  I do now that the non exclusive and transition tags must go through the offer sheet processes to get sent to another team.

If irish is right about the third time it could create some problems with unloading him.

There is no rule about a third time tag.

This year, a transition tag on Cousins would cost Washington $28.7 million, and a franchise tag would cost nearly $34.5 million. With the transition tag, another team would be able to offer Cousins a contract, and Washington would have the right to match it but would receive no compensation if it failed to match.

1 minute ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

This year, a transition tag on Cousins would cost Washington $28.7 million, and a franchise tag would cost nearly $34.5 million. With the transition tag, another team would be able to offer Cousins a contract, and Washington would have the right to match it but would receive no compensation if it failed to match.

Right, on the transition tag.  On franchise tag a trade is fair game.  

This is a stupid question from a new guy but in the team depth chart thread everyone is doing a "reserve /team name".  I want to be like the cool kids and do the same but I have no idea what the hell it means?  I looked on my worksheet to find the depth chart tab but all I see is a copy of official roster tab.  Am I blind or what??

Peace!!!

3 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

This is a stupid question from a new guy but in the team depth chart thread everyone is doing a "reserve /team name".  I want to be like the cool kids and do the same but I have no idea what the hell it means?  I looked on my worksheet to find the depth chart tab but all I see is a copy of official roster tab.  Am I blind or what??

Peace!!!

just reserve a spot for you team in the depth chart thread.  You'll get a workbook later that has the depth chart sheet.  You haven't gotten it yet.

Then just apply the non-exclusive tag and if someone wants him that badly, they'll offer him a contract and that team will have to surrender their two first round picks for him over to you.

The tag and trade option happens pretty rarely. 2-3 times in like the last 15-20 years (estimate)?? When it does happen, the player pretty much has to agree to the trade because the tag has to be signed before they can trade him. When someone is tagged, it doesn't technically mean they are signed. The are just binded to their original team until they either sign or the following offseason. This just seems like one of those rare situations where all these little real life things need to happen to make it possible.

3 minutes ago, davidderion said:

Then just apply the non-exclusive tag and if someone wants him that badly, they'll offer him a contract and that team will have to surrender their two first round picks for him over to you.

The tag and trade option happens pretty rarely. 2-3 times in like the last 15-20 years (estimate)?? When it does happen, the player pretty much has to agree to the trade because the tag has to be signed before they can trade him. When someone is tagged, it doesn't technically mean they are signed. The are just binded to their original team until they either sign or the following offseason. This just seems like one of those rare situations where all these little real life things need to happen to make it possible.

Thats just it, it doesn't happen very often but to allow it creates the ability for everyone to use it and then it just becomes an unrealistic event in the mock.  Its why I don't allow you to trade or release players once you've signed them.  Sure teams can do it in real life but at some point the player no longer would be willing to sign a contract and the team is looked at as "the player is just a number".  

No one had issues with these rules in the past, because it provide a more realistic approach.

9 minutes ago, davidderion said:

And the Kirk Cousins situation is one of those rare times.  And those times in the past teams were allowed to negotiate on the trade compensation.  Forcing someone to pay two first round picks is stupid.

5 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Thats just it, it doesn't happen very often but to allow it creates the ability for everyone to use it and then it just becomes an unrealistic event in the mock.  Its why I don't allow you to trade or release players once you've signed them.  Sure teams can do it in real life but at some point the player no longer would be willing to sign a contract and the team is looked at as "the player is just a number".  

No one had issues with these rules in the past, because it provide a more realistic approach.

I have always had an issue with it.  I bring this up every year.  

This isn’t reality this is a mock draft.  If our team would like to perform an experiment by trading Cousins to see how the offseason plays out that way for the redskins we should be allowed to do so.  That hypothetical scenario is a VERY probable real life outcome and I’m not sure why you would deny us the ability to do so.

The same goes for other teams.  There’s no reason a tagged player should be restricted from being traded.

I asked this in the Discussion thread but lost track of it and can't find it again. Did we already receive our workbooks? The only message I received was for the trade block, but I can only view this excel and not change anything for the Saints. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here... :D

1 minute ago, whodatOL said:

I asked this in the Discussion thread but lost track of it and can't find it again. Did we already receive our workbooks? The only message I received was for the trade block, but I can only view this excel and not change anything for the Saints. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here... :D

man I'll be home later today and will take a look into it.  It should be unlocked but I'll double check when I'm home.  If I don't message you by 6 pm, remind me.  As for the workbooks the only one you should have right now is the trade block.

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

And the Kirk Cousins situation is one of those rare times.  And those times in the past teams were allowed to negotiate on the trade compensation.  Forcing someone to pay two first round picks is stupid.

But it's technically not one of those rare times. It hasn't happened. As of now, it's just all talk and speculation. I'm sure there's talks like that for players for these situations like once a year. But they rarely ever happen.

Forcing someone to pay two first rounders may be stupid but that's how it works. That's not a rule in the mock, that's a rule for the actual tag.

IRL WAS is not going to franchise and trade him as no teams IRL, no one would do that knowing full well hes a full FA next year and knowing WAS is going to want, 1st round picks for him. At this point its either, Resign him, Which IRL 10% chance that happens, Franchise him, 80% chance that happens, or let him go to FA, 10%. They're either going to get him for one year, pay out the *** for an average QB for the next few years, or save face and go find a new QB. 100% sure there will be no Tag and Trade. 

Archived