TCMD - Frequently Asked Questions (OPEN)

ny92mike

18 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I have always had an issue with it.  I bring this up every year.  

This isn’t reality this is a mock draft.  If our team would like to perform an experiment by trading Cousins to see how the offseason plays out that way for the redskins we should be allowed to do so.  That hypothetical scenario is a VERY probable real life outcome and I’m not sure why you would deny us the ability to do so.

The same goes for other teams.  There’s no reason a tagged player should be restricted from being traded.

I recall you bringing up the APY values needing to be less than the tagged amount, but going back and looking at what those players received with extensions, those values were typically higher than the tagged amount.

I understand you want to trade Kirk, but by allowing it the way you want creates issues across the board.  I'm willing to work with you on this but simply being able to tag and trade can't happen.  

16 minutes ago, davidderion said:

But it's technically not one of those rare times. It hasn't happened. As of now, it's just all talk and speculation. I'm sure there's talks like that for players for these situations like once a year. But they rarely ever happen.

Forcing someone to pay two first rounders may be stupid but that's how it works. That's not a rule in the mock, that's a rule for the actual tag.

These mock drafts are all talk and speculation.

7 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

IRL WAS is not going to franchise and trade him as no teams IRL, no one would do that knowing full well hes a full FA next year and knowing WAS is going to want, 1st round picks for him. At this point its either, Resign him, Which IRL 10% chance that happens, Franchise him, 80% chance that happens, or let him go to FA, 10%. They're either going to get him for one year, pay out the *** for an average QB for the next few years, or save face and go find a new QB. 100% sure there will be no Tag and Trade. 

It is absolutely a possibility.  You obviously have an opinion about Cousins and are bias.

Just now, ny92jefferis said:

The same rules have been in place since 2014, for tag and trade.  Why change the rules now?  How is your situation different than anyone else?  

Because the rule doesn't make any sense?  I just asked for an example of the issues it causes to remove this rule and you didn't respond with any.  

Just now, squire12 said:

So who are the IRL teams that have the cap space that would trade for a Franchised tagged Kirk Cousins?

Browns - $111 mil

Jets - $72 mil

Vikings - $53 mil

And with a few moves:

Bills - $31 mil

Broncos - $29 mil

Jaguars - $16 mil

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Because the rule doesn't make any sense?  I just asked for an example of the issues it causes to remove this rule and you didn't respond with any.  

So why does the nfl rules include the tender offer sheet, if it doesn't need to be used?

So why does the nfl rules include the tender offer sheet, if it doesn't need to be used?

Tender offer sheet?  Are you saying we have to offer Cousins an extension for the tag to apply?  How exactly is that going to functionally work in a mock?  There is no real person here to decide on whether to accept the extension from Cousins perspective.  You seem to be arguing the order of operations but ignoring the fact that there's only one outcome in your scenario, he accepts the extension.  

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Browns - $111 mil

Jets - $72 mil

Vikings - $53 mil

And with a few moves:

Bills - $31 mil

Broncos - $29 mil

Jaguars - $16 mil

The league average cap is roughly 40 million.  So technically every team would have the money but why would they trade for a player that is guaranteed a contract that is giving the player 30+ million on a 3rd tag?  Once the player signs the one year deal is fully guaranteed.  

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Browns - $111 mil

Jets - $72 mil

Vikings - $53 mil

And with a few moves:

Bills - $31 mil

Broncos - $29 mil

Jaguars - $16 mil

Browns have 2 top 5 picks

Jets top 6

Broncos top 5

Vikings have options at QB that are equivalent to Cousins for cheaper

Both the Bills and Jags have QB's that are cheaper and not much lesser vs Cousins

The league average cap is roughly 40 million.  So technically every team would have the money but why would they trade for a player that is guaranteed a contract that is giving the player 30+ million on a 3rd tag?  Once the player signs the one year deal is fully guaranteed.  

Ok this brings up the other seriously bad rule.  There should  absolutely not be a rule that the player won't accept a reduced year 1 cap on an extension.  

Archived