Titans Coaching Staff Hires

KingTitan

@ragevsuall17 Yeah, that was me. Everyone seemed to have the attitude of "Well, that's a good problem to have", and I would say everyone could agree with that. That doesn't mean that we can't look into the future so that our "good problem" isn't a problem at all, and is just "good".

Idk anything about O'Hara at all, but reading about him just doesn't give you an optimistic feel about taking over as OC in a year or two. 

If our offense is successful I want to promote someone from within to continue running something similar, not bring in something new. Maybe O'Hara can do that with LeFleurs scheme.

"The 2017 Rams featured 11 personnel on a whopping 81% of their offensive snaps" The most in the NFL and they never used a fullback. 

This is significant different than the 2016 Falcons. Kyle Shanahan is big on using a fullback and the Falcons were first in the NFL using 21 personnel almost 25% of the time in 2016.

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2018/2/9/16957572/a-sneak-peek-at-what-a-matt-lafleur-offense-might-look-like-in-tennessee

6 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Keith Carter is the only guy on the offensive staff with any coordinating experience, and that was simply run game coordinator at San Jose State.

My honest thinking is if LaFleur is a QB whisperer and does great things for Mariota then gets hired as HC, are we going to regret not hiring him to be our head coach instead?

On another note, maybe we snag Mike, Matt's brother, from the 49ers if Matt leaves after this season?

http://www.49ers.com/team/coaches/Mike-LaFleur/c8700b77-bec2-4f72-ac52-0cbe587f7753

It’s funny you mention LaFleur as a HC I was just about to post after hearing LaFleurs interviews over the last few days (had a sit down interview with Mike Keith) and what I’m saying isn’t a dig at Vrabel I’m sure he will be fine but hearing LaFleur talk I have been very impressed and would have won me over if he had hired him. I hope we are able to get 2 or 3 years out of him as an OC but anyone he looks half decent now a days gets HC gigs all the time  now. So hopefully Vrabel or LaFleur hires a guy some where along the lines as some type of made up assistant job or something and has as guy in the waiting once LaFleur bolts for the Bengals Jets Browns Skins Bucs Broncos or Chargers ina year or 2

Archived