TCMD- INSIDE THE LOCKER THREAD

EaglesPeteC

1) What team do you GM?

giphy.gif

2) How would you summarize your team's 2017 season?

giphy.gif

3) How do you feel about your roster going into 2018 offseason?

giphy.gif

4) How would you characterize your quarterback situation?

giphy.gif

5) How do you feel about your team's cap space?

giphy.gif

6) Who is really the most responsible for all the Patriots' success throughout the years?

giphy.gif

7) What is the most underrated TV show of all time?

giphy.gif

8) If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?

giphy.gif

9) How would you best sum up your team's off season strategy?

giphy.gif

10) What message would you like to send to the other GM's?

giphy.gif

1) What team do you GM?

16a85l3.jpg

15d2auc.jpg

juvorp.gif

295tzo.gif

346qmc5.jpg

6) Who is really the most responsible for all the Patriots' success throughout the years?

mpj0i.jpg

Only Gifs I found can't be posted on here

9acl6h.jpg

2cz3j9z.gif

2qm15zo.gif

@morbidlyobeseadamschefter

"It appears that the BIlls are aggressively looking to move up to the top of round 1 to grab a QB. Cordy Glenn looks to be included in trade talks along with both 1st round picks #Mayfield #Darnold #Rosen"

@MikeFloriosLazyEye

"My sources inside the Titans tell me that S Jonathan Cyprian looks to be on the move #CyprianGinandJuice #laidback"

@andrewscilianos_comicallylargeears

"The Broncos are trying to pawn off expensive vets CJ Anderson, Emmanuel Sanderson and Aqib Talib to anyone who will LISTEN #getitcuzmyears #wowtheyarebig #perhapsIshouldstartwearingearmuffs #jktheydontmakeearmuffsmysize #fml"

@ianrapapports_undecendedtesticle

"Looks like SUPER BOWL CHAMPION PHILADELPHIA EAGLES' asking price on SUPER BOWL MVP Nick Foles is a top 40 pick. If they don't get that, they are content to keep him in Philly as an insurance policy for Wentz's health #stockrisingjustlikemyball"

@AlieninsideJayGlazer

"The Vikings looks like they might make it a priority to resign Teddy Bridgewater and then go after Kirk Cousins as their top Free Agent target #ZimmerIsintohisCousins"

On 2/5/2018 at 6:20 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

@ianrapapports_undecendedtesticle

"Looks like SUPER BOWL CHAMPION PHILADELPHIA EAGLES' asking price on SUPER BOWL MVP Nick Foles is a top 40 pick. If they don't get that, they are content to keep him in Philly as an insurance policy for Wentz's health #stockrisingjustlikemyball"

#bluffing

RUMOR TWEETS!!!!!!

@morbidlyobeeseadamschefter

The San Francisco 49ers are reportedly moving on from 2017 first round LB Rueben Foster after his latest arrest and are on the hunt inside LB help. They have already reached out to several teams about striking a trade and are planing on targeting an LB as Free Agency begins #BayAintGotBack

@mikeflorio_lazyeye

The Arizona Cardinals will be heavily pursuing offensive line help as free agency begins. It also sounds like they very well could be blocking for a Super Bowl MVP QB #lookslikeNapolean #throwslikeUncleRico

@andrewsciliano_comicallylargeears

I've got my massive dumbo ears to the ground and I'm hearing a truck coming from 30 miles away. I am also hearing that, despite his threats to retire, Le'Veon Bell will be getting the franchise tag from the Steelers #seriouslywhyaremyearssobig  

@IanRapapport_undecendedtestical

It appears the Carolina Panthers have backed out of a potential trade to acquire S Jonathan Cyprian from the Titans. They instead decided to take a flier on former first Round LB Stephone Anthony. This move seems like it could send Thomas Davis packing. #perhapstoSF 

@alieninsideJayGlazer

The term "Legion of Boom" takes on a whole new meaning this offseason. I'm hearing Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor won't survive the purge

giphy.gif

1) What team do you GM?

845606012_694999.gif?4

sadart_medium.gif

0WcdfeW.gif

ryan2_z2mcye.gifundefinedundefined

55bbc5ead3dd2659e35d586b0653a6d7.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5OKi6fdfMXvK3sh4OPU9

air-bag.gif

tmIsjzC.gif

GGl9Ml3.gif

az616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=813&h=74e1fc9a7

TRADE AND TAG REACTIONS

-Gotta love what the Bucs did getting some serious talent on the D line by acquiring both Muhammad Wilkerson and Robert Quinn in separate trades. 

-Desean Jackson goes to the Rams in the Robert Quinn trade. I think Sammy Watkins will play elsewhere in 2018.

-The Rams traded for Aqib Talib and used their tag on LaMarcus Joyner. That means Trumaine Johnson will hit the open market

- Giving a 4th Round pick for Phillip Dorsett is just an awful move. He really isn't good.

- Initially I thought that the acquisition of Michael Bennett would mean the end of Ziggy Ansah in Detriot, but they just franchised him. Looks like the Lions are putting a ton of resources in to pass rush.

-I think the Raiders get the better end of the McPhee for Crabtree deal. But you can't deny the complete lack of talent at WR the Bears currently had before making the move.

-Jets aren't playing around about getting a QB as they have traded up to 2 already. I wonder what QB the covet the most.

-The Giants willing to trade back means to me that Eli will stay in NY for several more years

-Less surprised that the Seahawks traded Earl Thomas as much as I am surprised they traded him IN DIVISION to the 49ers.

-The Panthers and the Redskins hooked up for a trade that sent Thomas Davis and Ryan Kalil to the Redskins and Su'a Cravens and Preston Smith to the Panthers. That is a lot of age and contract taken on by Washington. Do they think they are in win now mode? Preston Smith is a good get for the Panthers as is Cravens if his mind is right.

- Nick Foles to the Jaguars is a great move for both sides. The Eagles perhaps should have held out for a better deal after Kirk Cousins went off the market

-I don't like the AJ Green trade for either side. For the Bengals, the got rid of their best player for a Center and aged 35 year old LT. I get the Bengals desperately need oline help, but the ends don't justify the means in this case. If they got Amari Cooper back in the deal or a 1st Round pick, it could make sense. 

-I'm not a huge fan of the deal for the Raiders either. Essentially they created two holes in their roster and didn't really fill one. They have a #1 WR in Cooper. I get that a Cooper/Green combo could be dynamic. But keeping that duo together long term  financially is really risky, as well as potentially keeping them both satisfied with their production. Granted neither Cooper or Green have a diva personality, so that might not be an issue.

-The Redskins tagging Kirk Cousins while already having Alex Smith could seriously backfire and cripple their offseason. What if no teams decide that Kirk Cousins is worth the 2 1st Round picks and the giant contract? I mean is Kirk Cousins actually good? Or is he just better than the terrible options some teams have at QB? If I'm a QB needy team, I'm looking at all other options before Cousins. 

TRANSACTION REACTIONS!

- Bortles gets released in Jacksonville. I wonder what kind of contract he will land after two pretty decent games in the playoffs.

-Chiefs clearly on a youth movement as Tamba Hali, Darrelle Revis and Derrick Johnson all get released

-Not sure why the Broncos released Trevor Siemien, it's not like he was costing them much cap space.

-I'm not sure what cliff Julius Thomas fell off of, but his decline has been dramatic. He gets released a year after basically getting traded to the Dolphins for nothing.

-  A pair of safeties get released that I really think can still help some teams in Darian Stewart and Mike Mitchell

-Same with a couple vet slot CB's in Captain Munnerlyn and Orlando Scandrick. They will both help the right team.

- Doug Martin's up and down last few years gets a pretty dramatic down as he gets cut by the Bucs. The writing was on the wall after the team traded for DeMarco Murray. 

- Why in the world did the Browns restructure JC Tretter? They have over 100 million dollars in cap space? Did they really need more? I feel like they all just saw other teams restructure players and said "Hey, I want to play!"

- Cowboys blowing this team up. I guess the Eagles' finally winning a Super Bowl made Jerry Jones's head explode.

- The Cowboys completely revamped their WR's. Out are their top 3 WR's from last year: Dez Bryant, Terrance Williams and Cole Beasley. In are Emmanuel Sanders and Braxton Miller. Right now that room isn't as good as last year. It will be interesting to see what other moves they are making at that spot.

- Dez Bryant gets shipped to Carolina where he gets to yell at Cam Newton on the side line. ESPN has never been happier.

- Redskins rescind the Tag on Kirk Cousins making him free to be dramatically overpaid by whatever team wants to go 9-7 this year.

- Lost in all the WR trades the Cowboys made was trading away DB Byron Jones, who is a pretty good young player with a fairly cheap contract. I don't understand it. Texans absolutely robbed the Cowboys getting Jones and Beasley for Kareem Jackson and Braxton Miller.

- Nigel Bradham gets the Transition Tag from the Eagles. This story is far from over. We will see if any teams try to sign him to an offer sheet.

- Andrew Norwall gets tagged by Carolina, ruining several team's Free Agency Plans

-LaMarcus Joyner gets the tag over Trumaine Johnson. Interesting call by the Rams

-Ziggy Ansah gets the tag in Detriot. He and Michael Bennett can be a force on the same D-line

-Jarvis Landry, a slot WR who seems to have more than his fair share of struggles with the Front Office gets the Franchise Tag. Pull up a chair and pop some popcorn, this one could get interesting.

-Despite threats of retirement, Le'Veon Bell gets the EXCLUSIVE Franchise Tag from the Steelers. This is another tag situation that could get ugly.

Archived