Predict The Pick: 19, Cowboys

Texas_OutLaw7

WHO WILL THE COWBOYS DRAFT 19TH OVERALL?   

24 members have voted

1. 1. WHO WILL THE COWBOYS DRAFT 19TH OVERALL?

• Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State
    • Derrius Guice, RB, LSU
    • Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame
    • Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M
    • James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State
    • Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma
    • Billy Price, OL, Ohio State
    • Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP
    • Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia
    • Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
    • Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
    • Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan
    • Taven Bryan, DL, Florida
    • Harold Landry, EDGE, Boston College
    • Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama
    • Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
    • Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State
    • Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
    • Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa
    • Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/30/2018 at 12:09 AM

As we have done in the past, we will vote on each team (voting will last for two days) before advancing to the next one before we get to the pick. This round will be done PRE-Free Agency, so for our purposes we will assume every major FA stays put. the second time we do this will be after most FA have left elsewhere. Each poll will have 10-20 options. If you would like to see someone included in the following round, include it in your post.

So, with the 19th overall Pick, the Dallas Cowboys Select?

1. Cleveland Browns  - Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
  2. New York Giants - Sam Darnold, QB, USC
  3. Indianapolis Colts - Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
  4. Cleveland Browns (via Texans) - Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama
  5. Denver Broncos - Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame
  6. New York Jets - Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
  7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State
  8. Chicago Bears - Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
  9. San Francisco 49ers - Cortland Sutton, WR, SMU
  10. Oakland Raiders - Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
  11. Miami Dolphins - Derwin James, S, Florida State
  12. Cincinnati Bengals - Connor Williams, OT, Texas
  13. Washington Redskins - Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
  14. Green Bay Packers - Arden Key, DE, LSU
  15. Arizona Cardinals - Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
  16. Baltimore Ravens - Marcus Davenport, DE, UT-San Antonio
  17. Los Angeles Chargers - Vita Vea, NT, Washington
  18. Seattle Seahawks - Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma
    Dallas Cowboys 
    • Top needs: TE, DT, CB 

Lot of solid options here. I think there's a good chance that both Ward and Jackson will be off the board before our pick as well, which could push more talent down at other areas of need. I was between Payne, Hurst, and Edmunds. I went with Edmunds because of his versatility and the depth of the DL class.

Picking Da’Ron Payne would be about as overdue as selecting Tyron Smith was.

As much grief as we gave Jerry for not drafting an offensive lineman in the first round, this team’s complete disinterest in early round defensive tackles in the last two decades is just as frustrating.

Moreover, Alabama has had the most players drafted of any college team since Saban took over (I assume), he took the Bama HC job the same year Garrett got Dallas’ OC job, and we haven’t drafted a single Alabama player in that simultaneous 11-year run... even though Garrett worked under Saban in Miami. Baffling.

All of these are reasons to doubt the pick will be Da’Ron Payne. My guess is Billy Price or one of the CBs.

I'm actually going to disagree with the first few responses. I don't like the way the board fell. If we needed a CB then it's great. None have been drafted. Having the 19th pick instead of the 16th(which losing wk 17 would have granted) proved costly as Vita Vea would have received my vote. Maybe even Davenport. 

My non RB BPA is Edmunds. So I stuck to my board. He can play outside or inside, and he is about the size of Rolando McClain. He can also rush the passer and is said to have good cover skills(that's what he was asked to do at VT) with freak athleticism. He is to good to pass up. He, unlike Roquan Smith, could play 5 different positions on the defense, so I'm not worried about him being "stuck" behind Lee and Jaylon, because he can fill so many holes.  He could rush opposite Lawrence, fill in at Mike, or Will, and play Sam on early downs. He's 6'5" 250 lbs. With skills to play Mike. To good to pass up and extremely versatile which is always coveted by our staff. I doubt Edmunds is available at 19 but here he is.

qznf6bjrqbqypdm2lzo6

I stop want an OT. I don't think Smith will hold up in the coming years, not sure of his contract details but if got his replacement this year, we could possibly trade him for somethimy next year, say a 3rd or 4th.

We have to get with the times. Hanging onto players until they are underperforming and have no trade value kills us.

We have to start thinking ahead and recognize when a players health and performance begin to deteriorate making their best value to us as a trading piece.

11 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

I stop want an OT. I don't think Smith will hold up in the coming years, not sure of his contract details but if got his replacement this year, we could possibly trade him for somethimy next year, say a 3rd or 4th.

We have to get with the times. Hanging onto players until they are underperforming and have no trade value kills us.

We have to start thinking ahead and recognize when a players health and performance begin to deteriorate making their best value to us as a trading piece.

Don't you have a mock that has Beasley fetching a 3rd? Is it safe to surmise that you feel he is of equal value to Tyron?

Archived