Predict The Pick: 19, Cowboys

Texas_OutLaw7

WHO WILL THE COWBOYS DRAFT 19TH OVERALL?   

24 members have voted

1. 1. WHO WILL THE COWBOYS DRAFT 19TH OVERALL?

• Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State
    • Derrius Guice, RB, LSU
    • Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame
    • Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M
    • James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State
    • Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma
    • Billy Price, OL, Ohio State
    • Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP
    • Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia
    • Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
    • Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
    • Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan
    • Taven Bryan, DL, Florida
    • Harold Landry, EDGE, Boston College
    • Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama
    • Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
    • Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State
    • Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
    • Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa
    • Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/30/2018 at 12:09 AM

33 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Don't you have a mock that has Beasley fetching a 3rd? Is it safe to surmise that you feel he is of equal value to Tyron?

That depends on who you are dealing with and how badly they need that type of player. 

Look at Minnesota, Philly got a 1st rounder for Sammy Sleeves because Minny was desperate. No one else was going there.

I got news for you, they get another 

1st for Foles when this season is over.

Now if a team like NE was looking for another small, fast, smart WR, They have shown in the past they are willing to give up draft picks for a proven player of their liking.

I know they don't value 1DT, so it's a pipe dream that they'll take Payne.  Meh...I still voted for him.  If we want to have a top defense, we have to have a balanced front 4 that can do more than just shoot gaps and rush around the corners (as seen in games where we were down and the opponents ran it down our threats with impunity). There must be an "anchoring" ability of the d-line or we'll continually get exposed by the run.  If not for Sean Lee stopping RB's at or near the line, it'd be waay more obvious how often RB's get past the first level. 

5 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

I voted for Josh Jackson. Imo, it's not even close. 

Jackson-Awuzie-Lewis at CB

Thomas at FS

Woods/Frazier at SS

Our rebuilt of the secondary is complete.

I think that looks nice, but I would slow your roll on projecting Byron and Heath to the end of the bench or off the roster. Team just has too many snaps invested in them, and they’re both such freak athletes. It hasn’t translated to being great football players, but that’s never been much of an inhibitor as far as this team’s approach at safety.

6 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I'm actually going to disagree with the first few responses. I don't like the way the board fell. If we needed a CB then it's great. None have been drafted. Having the 19th pick instead of the 16th(which losing wk 17 would have granted) proved costly as Vita Vea would have received my vote. Maybe even Davenport. 

My non RB BPA is Edmunds. So I stuck to my board. He can play outside or inside, and he is about the size of Rolando McClain. He can also rush the passer and is said to have good cover skills(that's what he was asked to do at VT) with freak athleticism. He is to good to pass up. He, unlike Roquan Smith, could play 5 different positions on the defense, so I'm not worried about him being "stuck" behind Lee and Jaylon, because he can fill so many holes.  He could rush opposite Lawrence, fill in at Mike, or Will, and play Sam on early downs. He's 6'5" 250 lbs. With skills to play Mike. To good to pass up and extremely versatile which is always coveted by our staff. I doubt Edmunds is available at 19 but here he is.

qznf6bjrqbqypdm2lzo6

Not disputing your assessment of Edmunds.  If he's' this good he will probably test well driving up his value.  Will he be around at 19?

Hey guys, I’m  new to posting but I’ve been following the forum for years now. I went with Edmunds, a four down player with a ton of upside,groom him under Lee and Smith. He could be an Urlacher type corner stone for our defense. I think Payne goes top 5 honestly. (I like him a lot too)

17 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I think that looks nice, but I would slow your roll on projecting Byron and Heath to the end of the bench or off the roster. Team just has too many snaps invested in them, and they’re both such freak athletes. It hasn’t translated to being great football players, but that’s never been much of an inhibitor as far as this team’s approach at safety.

True, this team's approach at safety has been flawed in the past but I think the writing is on the wall for Scandrick and Jones. While Byron Jones is an athletic freak, his benching during the season was a telling sign of what the coaches think about his performance at safety. I doubt they pick up his 5th year option. Jeff Heath is a different story as he's shown to be a playmaker but he should limited to be a backup player. 

Jackson is the BPA with the production and the size to matchup against the opposing teams bigger, #1 WRs. We already know the team is not looking to draft a 1 tech with a 1st round pick and I doubt Edmunds would start over Smith or Lee. Give me the day one starter that can improve the secondary tremendously with turnovers.

6 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I'm actually going to disagree with the first few responses. I don't like the way the board fell. If we needed a CB then it's great. None have been drafted. Having the 19th pick instead of the 16th(which losing wk 17 would have granted) proved costly as Vita Vea would have received my vote. Maybe even Davenport. 

My non RB BPA is Edmunds. So I stuck to my board. He can play outside or inside, and he is about the size of Rolando McClain. He can also rush the passer and is said to have good cover skills(that's what he was asked to do at VT) with freak athleticism. He is to good to pass up. He, unlike Roquan Smith, could play 5 different positions on the defense, so I'm not worried about him being "stuck" behind Lee and Jaylon, because he can fill so many holes.  He could rush opposite Lawrence, fill in at Mike, or Will, and play Sam on early downs. He's 6'5" 250 lbs. With skills to play Mike. To good to pass up and extremely versatile which is always coveted by our staff. I doubt Edmunds is available at 19 but here he is.

qznf6bjrqbqypdm2lzo6

If Edmunds is drafted, he would be stuck behind Smith and Lee. He will just be a rookie, thinking he could do 4 positions is an extremely hard task.

He would be a nice insurance policy for Lee, but unless Lee or Smith gets hurt, he's not seeing the field at Will or Mike. At Sam, we wouldn't be maximizing his value enough. And Taco needs all the snaps he can get opposite Lawrence. I would like a player who could step in as a Day One starter in Round One.

Edmunds is crazy talented. Like Ware type talented.

After that it would be Payne, then Vander Esch, then probably Ward,

Way I rank them.

1. Edmunds

2. Payne

3. Vander Esch

4. Ward

5. McGlinchey

6. Washington

7. Guice

8. Hernandez

9. Landry 

10. Jackson

6 hours ago, Northland said:

Not disputing your assessment of Edmunds.  If he's' this good he will probably test well driving up his value.  Will he be around at 19?

No, but apparently the fans of the others teams don't quite like him yet.

10 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

I voted for Josh Jackson. Imo, it's not even close. 

Jackson-Awuzie-Lewis at CB

Thomas at FS

Woods/Frazier at SS

The rebuild of the secondary is complete.

I know there is a certain faction that will hate this pick, but we've also been begging for a ball hawk in the secondary. Jackson seems to fit the bill for sure, but I'd have to agree matt7, I don't see Jones or Heath going anywhere at this point. Still, if Jackson were the pick, I wouldn't hate it by any means...homerism for my Hawks aside.

EDIT: No CBs (Fitz is FS imo) taken and we're 19 picks in ? ...there is zero chance that happens. 

I voted for Tremaine Edmunds due to the lack of possible loss @ the linebacker position this year with Hitchen's, Wilber free agents and Durant too old. Edmunds is one of those freak athletes that you cant really pass on especially if it's a position of need, this kid has put up great stats in college and scouts say he has a high ceiling going forward. All this hype with Earl Thomas wanting to be a Cowboy it just sounds like he's playing the Seahawks to get a long term contract done so lets move on from there and draft a FS(Elliott, Reid, Igwebeike, Cameron Kelly)

Archived