TCMD War Room

Nick

Sorry for the notifications fellas. One more move I'd like some feedback on.

Thoughts on moving John Miller for a 5th round pick plus either one of Taywan Taylor or Tajae Sharpe?

I'm not sure how Miller will be looked at with the new offensive coordinator coming in. My concern in considering any OL trades is that I just moved Cordy. So our line is current looking like this:

Dawkins – Incognito – Groy – Miller/Ducasse – Mills

I think regardless, we need to look at upgrading the right side in the draft. Free agency options are very weak.

@Yibbyl @BigBillsFan13 @Trentwannabe @davidderion @marshawn lynch @Maxmw22

4 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Thoughts on moving John Miller for a 5th round pick plus either one of Taywan Taylor or Tajae Sharpe?

I'm not sure how Miller will be looked at with the new offensive coordinator coming in. My concern in considering any OL trades is that I just moved Cordy. So our line is current looking like this:

I think regardless, we need to look at upgrading the right side in the draft. Free agency options are very weak.

Not too bad of a move. He hasn’t been anything special. I’d take Sharpe out of the two. 

5 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

Mixed feelings about this one. Neither receiver offers enough to tip the scales on this deal for me. I understand wanting to upgrade Miller, but the lack of depth on our OL is scary. Looking at who's out there, I don't see an obvious starter to fill in at RG with that 5th round pick. Doesn't mean there isn't one, just that so many of those rookies seem to have significant flaws. My guess is that if your plan was to address a starter at RG before the 5th round even before this trade offer, then I'd make the move. We can get backup depth with the 5th rounder or later/UDFA. Can you counter with an O-lineman instead of a receiver?

The offer was revised not to include the draft choice, so i'll opt to keep Miller. He may be a starter for us and at worst, is great depth for us. It was a position I was hoping to upgrade but I think he's serviceable and still young and cheap. Who knows, maybe he'll thrive under the new system Daboll implements.

1 hour ago, NickChowaniec said:

The offer was revised not to include the draft choice, so i'll opt to keep Miller. He may be a starter for us and at worst, is great depth for us. It was a position I was hoping to upgrade but I think he's serviceable and still young and cheap. Who knows, maybe he'll thrive under the new system Daboll implements.

Scratch that... 164 and Sharpe is back on the table. It's tempting, but as @Yibbyl eluded to, we lack depth. I think we're better off keeping him. Still open to thoughts on this. 

@LeeEvans forgot to tag you in the past few moves. Any input is appreciated.

More cap off the books guys, thrilled above this move for both teams actually. Tyrod was a true professional and I feel the Cardinals would be a good fit for him. Trade was accepted and our cap will rise to about 45 million. And that's WITH Star Lotulelei's contract already factored in.

3 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

The Buffalo Bills trade

1748 - Tyrod Taylor - QB

to the Arizona Cardinals for

5th Round Pick #154 Overall (5.15.154)

Sitting with a fantastic stockpile of draft choices now. 

1st Round

2nd Round

3rd Round

4th Round

5th Round

I'm expecting the draft to go as such (as of now)

1 - Cleveland - Darnold/Rosen
2 - Jets - Darnold/Rosen
3 - Colts - Quenton Nelson (GM admitted to be taking him)
4 - Cleveland - Saquon Barkley
5 - Oakland - Bradley Chubb
6 - NY Giants - OL (Connor Williams/Orlando Brown)
7 - Buccs - Minkah Fitzpatrick

Question becomes, do we make a move up for Mayfield in the 8/9/10 slot? Dolphins are trying to find a victim to take on Tannehill, so he seems interested in QB. It will only cost us one 1st to move up to that range ahead of Miami and Arizona. Good thing is, we get to catch the combine before the draft begins. Should help make the decision more clear. 

Made a significant bid on Breshaud Breeland, CB... no luck. Same for LB Christian Jones who I was looking to provide good depth. 

Won a bid on Virgil Green, TE. 4 years, 14.25 mil deal. Good depth, and with Clay always hurt he could prove valuable.

The Giants gave Seantrel Henderson a 5 year, 29 million dollar deal O.o

Archived