Minute Mock 1/27 4 rounds

minutemancl

Round 1, pick #2
Giants select Baker Mayfield, QB Oklahoma

Screw it, I'm doing it. Baker is my favorite QB in this draft. You can't teach his accuracy and competitiveness. With Gettleman and Shurmur running the show, we've created a support structure and discipline system strong enough to reel in any nonsense he may cause. Rosen's character has come into question even moreso lately, so I'm using that opportunity to mock my guy to my team.

Round 2, pick #34
Giants select Brian O'Neil, OT Pitt

Lane Johnson type. He's a converted TE with a huge amount of athleticism. He's got a mean streak too, which you need in this league and Gettleman covets. One of the few guys in this draft who is definitely a LT.

Round 3, pick #98
Giants select Will Hernandez, G UTEP

This draft is pretty deep at guard, and Hernandez is the second best in it. Out of all the picks in this mock draft, he's the guy least likely to be available at the spot I have us picking him. He's a mean, strong man. Future pro-bowler, no question.

Round 4, 1/2
Giants select Shaquem Griffin, $LB UCF

The $LB (money backer) position created in Arizona specifically for Deonne Buchannon under our new DC James Bettcher is interesting. There is no one on the team with a skillset to be in that position right now. Landon Collins comes close, but he is way too valuable and good at Safety to change his position. Griffin is a quintessential $LB, or as quintessential as you can get for a position only one other player holds. He plays with a nonstop motor. His 1 hand is a non issue and is the only reason he even drops this far.

Round 4, 2/2 (compensatory)
Giants select Darrel Williams, RB LSU

He was voted team MVP, even though he wasn't even a starter. Good all around RB, he will replace Darkwa. Williams compares to Darkwa. Tempted to mock Rashaad Penny here, but he will most likely be gone. 

Nice draft overall! I like that you hit all of our needs and got good value. Baker is my favorite QB in the draft, too. My only complaint is we could trade down a few spots and still grab him while simultaneously netting a Kings ransom. Someone is going to fall in love with Barkley or be desperate to grab Darnold or Rosen. I know mock drafts are tough to predict trades, so you did a good job keeping it simple. That's just what I think is the best move.

11 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

Nice draft overall! I like that you hit all of our needs and got good value. Baker is my favorite QB in the draft, too. My only complaint is we could trade down a few spots and still grab him while simultaneously netting a Kings ransom. Someone is going to fall in love with Barkley or be desperate to grab Darnold or Rosen. I know mock drafts are tough to predict trades, so you did a good job keeping it simple. That's just what I think is the best move.

Obviously you want to maximize the value with your pick, but its tough when there are 31 other teams working and you don't know what they are thinking. If we want Mayfield, we can't move back more than 2 spots.  The Broncos pick at 5 and they love Mayfield and need a QB. A trade with the Browns back to 4 could work though. 

21 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Round 1, pick #2
Giants select Baker Mayfield, QB Oklahoma

Well, sir- you win the Golden Onions award for bold picks in all the mock drafts I've seen, thus far.

And I agree with you- I like Baker Mayfield better than Darnold, Rosen, Allen, et. al. Love the accuracy and the competitive fire. Still- wish they could trade down, and still draft him; but if they've decided he's Their Guy, or if other teams are hot for him, guess you've have to pull the trigger!

Image result for golden onions

If we draft Shaquem Griffin, we'd be playing at a 7.5 finger deficit on defense, which is not ideal. 

In all seriousness I don't know the eligible players well enough to judge this mock draft. Definitely hits on our needs, which is good. I'm not crazy about drafting yet another RB in the mid-rounds. We're just filling up the roster with warm bodies at RB IMO. I know there have been some big hits at RB in the middle rounds recently by other teams but I'd prefer to sign a veteran RB instead. We need some experience at the position. 

4 hours ago, Bballbkd said:

Might be switching O'Neil and Hernandez after the senior bowl. Hernandez was an absolute monster. I'd love to go into next season with norwell, Jones and Hernandez as our interior line. 

Yeah I think you're right. Hernandez could be the 2nd guard taken. All 3 of the top guards I'm very high on though. Nelson, Hernandez, and Isaiah Wynn. 

Archived